Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markone
What's DOS?
Views: 371
Message 1 of 3

Brand new Yoga 2 screen not turning on at startup

Just bought a Yoga 2 which worked perfectly after first boot up .

I shut it down before going to bed last night and left it installing windows update, when I try to turn it on this morning it powers on, the screen flashes on briefly for a second, key board lights up and then nothing.

It seems like the machine is turned on but no screen. Hard reset does nothing, attempts to recover with one recovery key have the same response as described. I had at least one sucessful restart yesterday after installing new software so I'm suspecting this could be an issue after windows update but I'm not sure since I've read of similar issues with the Yoga 13.

Any help?

Guru
Views: 343
Message 2 of 3

Re: Brand new Yoga 2 screen not turning on at startup

Can you access the BIOS? Hold recovery key, and then release it and then go into the BIOS. Does that work ?

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

markone
What's DOS?
Views: 333
Message 3 of 3

Re: Brand new Yoga 2 screen not turning on at startup

Nope Smiley Sad  the screen doesn't turn on at all except for a brief flash after pressing the power or reset button. Seems like a hardware issue...Not a happy person today!

I bought it in the States on Wednesday but live in Norway, luckily it's covered by lenovo's international waranty so I called them and they are taking it back for repair, expect more from a new $1000 laptop though 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors