cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amn70
Paper Tape
Views: 203
Message 1 of 2

Brand new Yoga 3 boot get corrupted causing automatic startup repair which fails.

Just set up a brand new Yoga 3 for a client yesterday. Installed Office, moved his files over from his old computer, installed Chrome and Firefox and other basic stuff. Restarted the computer but rather than restarting normally for some reason it instead ran automatic startup repair which failed. I went into advanced options and tried to use system restore but had no restore points. Ended up having to factory reset it and start over putting his stuff back in. That went fine and everything seemed fine. Did some reboots and all seemed ok. Today he restarted the computer and again for no reason it went and ran a automatic startup repair which again failed. Again went into troubleshooting and system restore and it still had no restore points I could try. Having him do another factory reset but cannot imagine what the heck is going on with this thing. Its brand new and cannot imagine why the boot configuration is getting hosed like this. There is no unusual software onboard that should cause this. Office, Avast, Chrome, Firefox and also Classicshell because he still prefers the Windows 7 start menu to the Windows 10 one. 

Has anyone else seen this issue with recent Yoga 3's?

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Ridim
What's DOS?
Views: 98
Message 2 of 2

Re: Brand new Yoga 510 boot get corrupted causing automatic startup repair which fails.

I am facing exactly same problem right now with my Lenovo Yoga 510. No new softwares downloaded, no usb connected, no files transferred yet from old pc.. Still with probably just a windows 10 update and minor personalisations in settings, the laptop asked for system reboot. After that it went into 'preparing automatic repair' and goes to a simple black screen with no options. Tried rebooting 10 times, simply shows blank black screen.

I purchased the laptop only yesterday.

Kindly help someone.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors