Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
handshak3
Paper Tape
Views: 3,095
Message 11 of 32

Re: Brand new Yoga 720 13 Touchscreen not working

I hacve not yet heard anything about this issue being resolved. There's a brand new set of BIOS updates you can grab on the lenovo companion, but so far that does nothing for me. 

I've been in contact with technical support and all of them keep saying that this is a DOA - but obviously it's a software issue. 

Of course I can return it and get a new one, but that would be an extreme hassle for me since Im traveling all summer. 

vwag99
Paper Tape
Views: 3,140
Message 12 of 32

Hello,

The touchscreen on my Yoga 720 stopped working as soon as I plugged a HDMI cable through an adapter for USB-C. The laptop is not even a month old and the touch screen was working before I plugged the HDMI cable into the adapter.

I tried desactive and activate the touch screen but it didn't work.

Any solutions?

Thanks

Moderator comment: Post and replies merged in. Subjects edited.

vwag99
Paper Tape
Views: 3,084
Message 13 of 32

anyone ?

AC3D
Paper Tape
Views: 3,032
Message 14 of 32

Same thing fore me, I was working under Gimp with the stylus, I was editing a path, and the pointer bugged between my finger and the stylus. I closed Gimp, restarted Yoga ; Since the touch screen no longer works with the fingers. It now only works with the stylus. From memory it happened on the night of the 24th to the 25th of August. Since (today 26 August) I have updated the Bios and the drivers communicated through the Lenovo online help, but the touch screen still does not work.

sodajet
What's DOS?
Views: 2,893
Message 15 of 32

I am having the exact same problem after putting the laptop to sleep. It's infuriating and really needs to be fixed! I am seriously not buying another Lenovo product if I have to put up with this.

charlie922
Paper Tape
Views: 2,840
Message 16 of 32

Same issue here.

Stylus works, but other touch inputs are not processed at all.

I tried deactivating and reactivating the touchscreen through device manager, installed all up-to-date drivers, and even resetted the windows in order to solve the problem, but touchscreen is still not working.

It's only three weeks old. Lenovo, please find a solution for this.

ashane
What's DOS?
Views: 2,708
Message 17 of 32

Same thing happened to me. Have had this for a month, too late to exchange it at Best Buy, and now my studying is hampered by losing the touchscreen. I had the geek squad try what they could, but no luck. I wish Lenovo would figure this out. It's really crappy that a brand new product would just lose the touchscreen capability for no apparent reason.

kuromadei
Paper Tape
Views: 2,738
Message 18 of 32

Hi I recently purchased my Lenovo Yoga 720 off of Amazon (less than a month). After going through all the Windows and BIOS updates through Lenovo Companion, I ran into an issue where the touch screen would stop responding. Sometimes upon start up, the touch screen would be unresponsive up until a restart/shut down. Sometimes even restarting/shutting down wouldn't solve the problem. The touch screen was unresponsive more times than responsive during the duration I've owned this laptop.

I read in Lenovo forums that factory resetting the laptop and disabling updates would alleviate the problem. I did so through Windows 10's hard disk wiping feature. I disabled automatic updates through Command Prompt and didn't run any updates through Lenovo Companion. This seems to have fixed the issue for the most part, however, I still notice that sometimes the touch screen will stop responding after waking the computer from "Display Off." 

Is this a problem such as that with the fan noise, that was fixed months later in a BIOS update? Has anyone been able to use the touch screen flawlessly? Sometimes mid-way through laptop usage, the touch screen will become unresponsive and then become responsive minutes or seconds later. I'll probably continue to use the laptop with automatic updates turned off, but that would mean I miss the current updates and have to constantly check forums to verify that the problem is fixed  Smiley Sad   Could anyone offer insight into this?

Moderator comment: Post and replies merged in. Subjects edited.

Highlighted
akhil2791
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,683
Message 19 of 32

Hi 

I am also going through same problem, please help!!! 

the touch only works some times some times it starts only after i hav logged in fully.

Skiboppin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,651
Message 20 of 32

Same happened to me just a few days ago and it's very annoying the touchscreen worked fine till it randomly just stopped working, can anyone fix this issue? it's a shame that this is happening and no fix for it yet

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors