Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cnc13
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,720
Message 21 of 32

Re: Brand new Yoga 720 13 Touchscreen not working

I have had my Yoga for a month or two with no issues. Today, I started it up and was going to do some work on the computer. Start using my pen, and it works fine. Go to scroll up with my finger, and the screen is completely un-reactive. I don't know how to fix it.. I tried to restart the computer, thinking maybe it was just a fluke, but still nothing. Again, the pen is working completely fine with no lag or issues. I looked in the driver, and the message says that the device is working fine when I go to the HID for touchscreen. Anyone else have similar problem?

Moderator comment: Merged in. Subject edited.

Skiboppin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,683
Message 22 of 32

Same had it for 2 months as well. it seems 2 months is as long as these laptops can last. How many people is having this issue and why is it happening now it's so annoying

akhil2791
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,619
Message 23 of 32

did anyone got a solution to the problem ? just checking !

ralphgermany
Paper Tape
Views: 2,601
Message 24 of 32

Same here, bought it a month ago. Touchscreen wasnt working while installing Windows, after about an hour it suddenly started functioning.

So now I have a laptop where the touchscreen/digitizer works about 25% of the time, starts and stops working while using it randomly, turning it into a beautiful looking laptop with a hefty price premium for a non-functioning feature.

The best thing, the active digitizer was one of my key requirements and reasons to replace my 4 year old notebook.

This is absolutely ridiculous from Lenovo, support pretends to not know of the issue that apparently very many people have with this gorgeous device. I doubt an RMA will help anything if so many devices have it and Lenovo obviously has no idea why.

Felix_TheCat
Paper Tape
Views: 2,435
Message 25 of 32

Has similiar problem here, Yoga 720 13 purchased 3-months ago, touch screen worked before, then suddenly not working, sometimes it works again after several reboots, then not working again, now its completely broken.

although I know the OP and many other replies are from June-August, I still suspect my problem is related to this update that Lenovo Companion app installed:

"Wacom Touch Firmware Package - 10 [64] - V.02.16"WacomFirmware.PNG

Felix_TheCat
Paper Tape
Views: 2,121
Message 26 of 32

welp, I should report back that the touch screen of my Yoga 720 13 is working again after a month using it as regular laptop, this 'miracle' happens after I upgraded to Windows 10 1709 Fall Creators Update, its not an immediate effect so maybe just coincidence lol but the thing is, the touch screen works again in couples of days after the upgrade, and it has been working fine for several weeks now, maybe I'm just lucky ?

Skiboppin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,114
Message 27 of 32

Wow lucky i hope some other people report good news about something like that this issue has gone on too long with no fix, as for me it's been around a month too but no luck.

Rohel
What's DOS?
Views: 1,670
Message 28 of 32

Hello

I have the same problem.
During the first use, "Watcom Device" did not seem to be there, I had no error but no touch screen does not fit. After sending an email to lenovo, they suggested that I reset the PC. After that, I had the error on "Watcom Device". I looked for a new driver that I installed but without success. Finally, I uninstalled "Watcom Device" and reinitialized. Now I do not have it anymore and my screen is still not touch.

Thanks for your help

Rohel
What's DOS?
Views: 1,669
Message 29 of 32

Hi,
Could you explain what did you do exactly ?

Thanks

Skiboppin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 792
Message 30 of 32

Is this fixed yet is there a patch out or coming? It's been 7 months and my touchscreen is still broken

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors