Options

21 Posts

09-06-2017

GR

64 Signins

619 Page Views

• Views: 619
  • Message 1 of 10

Brand new Yoga 910 Problem: Not resting flat on a surface!

2017-09-06, 7:45 AM

Hello, 

I have the following problem:

When I placed my brand new yoga 910 on a desk I noticed that it was not lying flat! The down left corner (the rubber "foot") was hanging by 1-2 cm on the air - 5 paper sheets could pass below that.. Of course that created an annoying sound and wobbling when writing on the keyboard. It didn't seem to be an obvious at least problem with the rubber foot not being placed right or smaller than the others. Very strange! 

I solved it temporarily by adding some small black stripes of duct type on top of the problematic foot to make it bigger.  You can barely see it, but still this is a bit annoying and worrisome that a new and expensive top line laptop came with this issue (how did it pass the quality control??? ). I was quite disappointed. 

I talked to the Lenovo support in Greece  which as always were very helpful. They said they haven't had such a similar issue reported at least with a yoga and said that they could take it to a service point to see how it can be fixed. I can't do this now as I need the laptop for my daily work but I will consider this later. I am also not keen on replacing a whole working perfectly laptop on a DOA case just for this (I bought it 10 days ago).  

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if this signals any possible internal faults in the device. For example could this be the result of an overheated aluminum case that caused it (the bottom part) to be slightly bended? Or not correctly screwed case? As I said it doesn't seem to have a problem with the rubber feet. They look the same as on size. Someone told me that there was some similar issue with MacBook Airs a while back caused by overheating. 

I have posted some pictures below to see the issue.  Any comments especially from Lenovo people will be appreciated. 

Thanks
George 

PS. And yes. I have placed it on several surfaces!

Options

11174 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6974 Signins

737824 Page Views

• Views: 737824
  • Message 2 of 10

Re: Brand new Yoga 910 Problem: Not resting flat on a surface!

2017-09-06, 15:47 PM

Hi Yorgos,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Since this is a newly purchased machine, heating may not be the cause of misalignment but a structural issue and can be remedied by adjustment of screws or replacement of bottom cover if needed. It would take time to meld the casing and at an extreme heat that most likely you would immediately be noticed first.

You can still check and monitor the thermal heat using similar software like this

If you can set your calendar for the repair then technical support would readily attend to this as soon as possible.

Hope this help answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

21 Posts

09-06-2017

GR

64 Signins

619 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

2017-09-06, 19:26 PM

Thank you very much for your prompt reply! 

I will contact the local support to arrange ASAP that they get into it. I think that the bottom cover is bended and that causes the issue, not the rubber things. I am a frequent business traveller (this is why I chose the yoga 910!) and I hope it doesn't take much time to be fixed... 

BR,

George

Options

3 Posts

11-04-2017

US

2 Signins

72 Page Views

• Views: 72
  • Message 4 of 10

2017-11-04, 1:09 AM

Was this ever solved? My Yoga 910 has the same exact issue. 

Options

21 Posts

09-06-2017

GR

64 Signins

619 Page Views

• Message 5 of 10

2017-11-04, 7:12 AM

No, I have been travelling a lot the last month and didn't get the chance to take it to the service point (they need to have it for 10 days max!). I hope I will do in the following two weeks. I talked to them on the phone and told me that in my country they did not sell many yoga 910's and therefore they haven't heard this issue before. They need to check it closely. But so far, I thought that I was just unlucky. Apparently, this is a more serious issue!

Also, I reported this as a DOA issue 3 days after I bought it and the store refuse it to replace it, as it is not an "operational" issue for them (but an appearance/design one) and they said they are not obliged to. Again very disappointing by Lenovo considering the high cost of the laptop!

I will keep you posted. Have you contacted the support?

@Lenovo support: Please unmark this thread as "solved". It was by a mistake. It is still open. I will let you know. Thanks!

Options

3 Posts

11-04-2017

US

2 Signins

72 Page Views

• Views: 72
  • Message 6 of 10

2017-11-04, 17:15 PM
Right. This thread has not been solved, so it should not be marked as such.

I haven't contacted Lenovo support because the machine works fine, but I may contact them. I could have returned to Best Buy for any reason within 15 days, but I thought it was just my desk until I tried several more surfaces.

Please keep this thread updated Yiorgos until we get a proper response from Lenovo.
Options

4113 Posts

01-22-2010

US

38438 Signins

575081 Page Views

• Views: 575081
  • Message 7 of 10

2017-11-04, 21:27 PM

Hi all,

I unmarked the post.

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so. Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Options

1 Posts

02-23-2018

IT

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 8 of 10

2018-02-23, 21:10 PM
I have exactly the same problem. I dunno wheater or not it is the rubber foot or the case surface. this is so much annoying
Options

1 Posts

01-27-2018

DE

2 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 9 of 10

2018-03-03, 0:44 AM

I have the same issue with my Yoga720.
It's the second time now! My first Yoga720 started to be unlevel within a few days. 
Then, I've had it replaced with a new Yoga720, which was perfectly level at first, but now starts to go up on the lower left corner.
I'm convinced, it's a common problem with Yogas, which is highly disappointing for such expensive laptops.

Options

2018-11-24, 18:37 PM

My brand new Yoga 920 has the same problem. It does not rest flat on all the surfaces of all the office and work desks I use. I even tried it on multiple library desks; problem remained.

Days before black friday in 2018, I bought this Yoga 920 in a Microsoft Store in Canada.

I called to notify the Microsoft Store of the problem. The Microsoft Store had run out of Yoga 920 but would bring one in to replace mine.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete