cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_r_j_m
Blue Screen Again
Views: 511
Message 1 of 4

Brand new Yoga C930 shipped with BIOS / supervisor password set - PLEASE HELP!

Hi there,

I unpacked my brand new Yoga C930 this morning and tried to enter the BIOS (UEFI) settings through the Novo Key (Fn + Power). The C930 had been configured and ordered at the German Lenovo Shop run by Digital River.

I was shocked to see that the machine prompts for a system / supervisor password for the BIOS.

I did a thorough reasearch (online manual, misc. forums) for something like a default password. I even gave it a few tries using different passwords I figured out myself, but obviously didn't succeed.

Does anyone know if there's a universal password that Lenovo use for end-of-line testing or customization of built-to-order devices? To talk to the official support, I'd have to wait another two days till Monday, I'm afraid. Unlike in the U.S., Lenovo doesn't provide any help to the European customers during the weekend.

Any idea, folks? Thanks in advance.

Kind regards and all the best for 2019

m_r_j_m

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 473
Message 2 of 4

Re: Brand new Yoga C930 shipped with BIOS / supervisor password set - PLEASE HELP!

I doubt Lenovo is going to share a backdoor password even if one exists as it would negate the whole idea of having a BIOS password. 

I'd think your best bet is to either return the device or ask the shop you got it from what they did. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 469
Message 3 of 4

Re: Brand new Yoga C930 shipped with BIOS / supervisor password set - PLEASE HELP!

There is no default or backdoor password.  Could it have been a "store return"?   If you or someone with you didn't set it, it must have been set by the dealer or distributor.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
m_r_j_m
Blue Screen Again
Views: 317
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for your attention. Lenovo immediately took measures to replace the unit. It took another three weeks for the new CTO model to arrive. Anyway, the new C930-13IKB came with a generously prolonged warranty. Once again I'm deeply satisfied with the outstanding support by Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors