Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeatrizP
What's DOS?
Views: 708
Message 1 of 1

Brightness adjustment turns off display

This might be nothing, but recently the buttons to adjust my brightness were not working at all on my Lenovo Yoga 710. It might have been the update to Windows 10 but I'm not sure. I don't think the laatest update was that recent and this issue is a more recent problem. I tried this:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-710-11ikb/solution...

I updated my driver like it's suggested at the bottom of the page. So far it's been okay. The buttons work, although I noticed that on my most recent reboot they stopped working but this was fixed by disabling and then enabling again the Generic PnP Monitor. I'm not sure if this will become a permanent issue yet. However, I noticed that when I press the button to dim my display all the way down, it turns off my screen. The computer is still on but my display is totally black. I'm quite certain that it didn't do this before. Is it supposed to do this or am I worried about nothing? It turns back on once I press the button to increase the brightness.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors