Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

10-13-2021

Denmark

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 8

Brightness problem

2021-10-13, 18:54 PM

I just downloaded Windows 11 on my Lenovo yoga C740

and the brightness of the screen does not work. I cannot change it neither from the keyboard nor the settings or anywhere else !

someone can help ?

Options

4991 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

379 Signins

36692 Page Views

• Views: 36692
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:Brightness problem

2021-10-13, 20:57 PM

Hello @ Marahm !

Welcome to the Community Forums!

By the way, were you able to adjust the Yoga C740's brightness before upgrading to Windows 11?

And are you getting any on screen notifications when adjusting the brightness either through the keyboard or through Settings?

Please share here your Yoga C740 laptop's MTM (machine type-model) number for us to check its specifications as this would help us detail more about your machine variant while keeping the confidentiality of your serial number.

It can be seen through the device's label/sticker or its original packaging and does usually have a format of 8********R as an example.

Here's a link as well that contains additional methods in obtaining your device's details.

Aside from that, please share here its current BIOS version/date.

Press Windows + R key then type in msinfo32 to open the System Information window and get the details from there.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Options

4 Posts

10-13-2021

Denmark

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2021-10-13, 21:23 PM

MTM : 81TC0017MX

BIOS-version/date  LENOVO BNCN43WW,21-05-2021

I used to change the brightness from the Keys (F11/F12) and from the settings/screen/brightness before getting Windows 11

and I used the night light too

but I downloaded the Windows 11 Yesterday and could not get the screen brightness edits

(when I go to settings/screen/night light I change every thing but nothing happend)

Options

4991 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

379 Signins

36692 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2021-10-13, 22:13 PM

@ Marahm wrote:

MTM : 81TC0017MX

BIOS-version/date  LENOVO BNCN43WW,21-05-2021

I used to change the brightness from the Keys (F11/F12) and from the settings/screen/brightness before getting Windows 11

and I used the night light too

but I downloaded the Windows 11 Yesterday and could not get the screen brightness edits

(when I go to settings/screen/night light I change every thing but nothing happend)

Thanks for providing your device's details @ Marahm !

Try to load the BIOS settings into defaults first by pressing F9 or FN + F9, then, highlight/select for YES followed by F10 or FN + F10 then highlight/select YES again to save the changes & exit.

BIOS Setup can be accessed by pressing the Novo button that's located underneath the Yoga C740 laptop while it's turned OFF.

Aside from that, check if other hotkeys on your Yoga C740 are working when pressed.

You may also click on this link to see other workarounds/steps towards this concern.

Update us how it goes.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

<

Options

4 Posts

10-13-2021

Denmark

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2021-10-13, 22:19 PM

F9 is just to lock the screen.

I dont really get it how should I do the BIOS settings.

What happend if I Press the Novo button? 

Options

4991 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

379 Signins

36692 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2021-10-14, 18:01 PM

@ Marahm wrote:

F9 is just to lock the screen.

I dont really get it how should I do the BIOS settings.

What happend if I Press the Novo button? 

Thanks for responding @ Marahm !

In order to access BIOS Utility Setup, make sure that the Lenovo Yoga C740 laptop is turned OFF.

If it's OFF already, you may press the Novo button that's located underneath the Yoga C740 laptop.

Please see attached picture below for reference.

Once pressed, you'll see the Novo Button Menu on your Yoga C740's screen and from there, select the BIOS Setup Utility using the arrow key(s) and Enter key.

Inside BIOS, you may load the BIOS settings into defaults by pressing F9 or FN + F9, then, highlight/select for YES followed by F10 or FN + F10 then highlight/select YES again to save the changes & exit BIOS and for the device to automatically restart/boot.

After that, see if you'll be able to adjust the screen brightness of your Yoga C740 laptop again.

You may also click and check on this link for (other) additional steps that can be done towards this issue.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

<

Options

4 Posts

10-13-2021

Denmark

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2021-10-16, 21:56 PM

I did what you told me to do, nothing changed :(

Options

4991 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

379 Signins

36692 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2021-10-18, 15:30 PM

@ Marahm wrote:

I did what you told me to do, nothing changed :(

Thanks for the update @ Marahm !

Just to ask, does the Yoga C740's screen automatically adjust its brightness when in certain lighting conditions (well lit or dark room)?

Try to go to Settings > System > Display.

From there, look for the ALS (Ambient Light Sensor) and if it's enabled. 

If it does, check if there's an option to disable it as well then see if you can adjust the brightness again.

Aside from that, go to Device Manager by right-clicking on Start/Windows symbol the look for Display Adapters and click the arrow next to it to expand.

Once done, right-click on your machine's display adapter (could be Intel VGA) then select Properties, click the Driver tab and select Update Driver.

Restart the device afterwards then see if you'll be able to adjust the brightness again.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

<

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)