10-17-2018

US

63 Signins

411 Page Views

• Views: 411
  • Message 1 of 29

Broken 730 hinge broken screen

2018-10-17, 22:41 PM

I bought a yoga 730 over the summer spent over $800 on this computer as a full time online student and mother of two under four a reliable computer is something crucial to me. I also needed something in my budget I didn’t want to cheap out so I bought this thinking oh yeah lenovo is reliable! YA OKAY!! Fast forward to two days ago doing homework everything’s fine close computer to make dinner come back after dinner to take a test and notice the mouse going crazy look down and sure enough the screen is cracked now I’m freaking out I know i didn’t drop this computer or harm it in anyway there’s not a single scratch on this computer NOT ONE. I thought maybe the rubber stopper broke it in front of hinge cause you can see that’s where crack starts. Nope right hinge is missing a piece and upon closing out pressure into the screen and cracked. Now I call them and they are talking about we don’t cover accidental damages well a missing piece in a hinge breaking the screen isn’t damage I find out many users in both screen size in this model have same problem sooo lenovo what are you going to to do about it !!!????? I just mailed my computer in today look st pics there is no hook in left side of right hinge and it caused screen to break just like every other user on here with same issue

Options

222 Posts

08-02-2018

PH

155 Signins

855 Page Views

• Views: 855
  • Message 2 of 29

Re: Broken 730 hinge broken screen

2018-10-18, 7:32 AM

Hi Victoriap922!

Thanks for posting here in our community. 

We're sorry to hear about what happened. 

We have not received an update from our team if this is a known issue. 

Please wait for the repair updates and see how it goes

Thanks. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

23 Posts

10-17-2018

US

63 Signins

411 Page Views

• Message 3 of 29

2018-10-18, 17:40 PM

Well I already spoke to someone on the lenovo Facebook page, a lenovo rep, who confirmed that some users reported the same issue soooo.... I just want my computer fixed I don’t have the luxury of just sitting around and waiting to find out whether or not you guys will fix my computer if you read my post I paid over $800 for this computer and I’m an online student WHO NEEDS THEIR COMPUTER!!! FURTHERMORE THE PIECE OF GLASS THAT CAME OUT OF MY SCREEN ALMOST LANDED IN MY 8 month old daughters EYE!!!!!! So to say I’m upset is an understatement I will not settle until lenovo resolves this issue!!!!!

Options

26 Posts

10-11-2018

PK

236 Signins

1274 Page Views

• Views: 1274
  • Message 4 of 29

2018-10-21, 13:36 PM

Arjay really? This isn't a known issue? A simple google search will show you for how long hinges have been breaking displays.

How convenient for lenovo for not putting this as a known issue.

I've posted the exact same crack on another thread. Only a 5 day old laptop which I didn't even started to use regularly.

In fact every lenovo service center worldwide, if they see a crack originating from the hinge should immediately replace the unit without asking questions.

For me, the place that I bought from is responsible for claiming warranty. They have filed it at business partner dispute management couple of days ago. 

Still waiting.

No laptop should be designed in a way that a defective, loose or broken hinge will immediately ruin the display. 

Hope for a replacement and I don't think will be keeping a delicate machine like this.

Definitely not a long lasting design!

Options

23 Posts

10-17-2018

US

63 Signins

411 Page Views

• Message 5 of 29

2018-10-21, 14:21 PM

@hassanmir could not have said better myself! 

THEY NEED TO ADDRESS THESE ISSUES AS YOU SAID A GOOGLE SEARCH WILL SHOW YOU LENOVO HAS HAD SIMILIAR ISSUES WITH NUMEROUS MODELS! you think by now they would have looked resolve it or improve their quality control! 

Options

23 Posts

10-17-2018

US

63 Signins

411 Page Views

• Message 6 of 29

2018-10-28, 2:27 AM

I don't know whats going on whether or not the other thread was shut down, but I can not comment on that one! Let me know when you hear something back...

Options

235 Posts

08-02-2018

PH

91 Signins

571 Page Views

• Views: 571
  • Message 7 of 29

2018-10-28, 3:22 AM

Hi Victoriap922,

You mentioned on your previous post that you've mailed in the laptop. Just to confirm did you sent it to our depot facility? If yes, kindly provide all the information needed below and send it via private message on this user

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

26 Posts

10-11-2018

PK

236 Signins

1274 Page Views

• Message 8 of 29

2018-10-28, 3:31 AM

Maybe an error, I can see and reply to that thread.

Options

23 Posts

10-17-2018

US

63 Signins

411 Page Views

• Message 9 of 29

2018-10-28, 3:56 AM

Thank you, my device is already on its way back to me. They have supposedly "fixed" the screen and issue as a manufacter defect. My concern along with many other users on this thread another one citing 730 hinge breaks is: what happens when this happens again? As one of the other users has discussed, there are many display issues being linked back to these hinges. What happens when this design flaw causes an issue again and this time I am one day out of warranty? Or, I send it in and they say "oh sorry its 400 dollars to fix the screen and hinge"? We are just supposed to cross our fingers and hope this does not happen again or worse with a $1000 laptop, new laptops at that!?

I, as a customer of lenovo, am very disappointed with the build quality, inspection, quality control, and prior testing done on these machines before they are sent out to the public. I understand sometimes issues arise that are unexpected and out of the companies control, but why send someone back a laptop that will just need repair again. It does not seem very cost effective, or do they just hope when the next break happens we will be out of our warranty? I am sorry but as a mother of two who is in college doing fully online courses, I depend on this computer. I spent what little money I had on an expensive model and expensive brand because I thought it would last longer. I bought a asus chromebook flip and dell before this and returned both because I said to myself, "No, go with lenovo, they are reliable!"

I am sorry if I seem harsh, but me along with other users are really upset with the lemons we were sold. Also, and what now i have to treat this thing like premature infant, coddle it more than I did in the first place? 

I appreciate your response, as I said, I am just very upset!

'

Options

26 Posts

10-11-2018

PK

236 Signins

1274 Page Views

• Message 10 of 29

2018-10-28, 4:10 AM

That's exactly what I'm worried about. I feel I'm screwed by lenovo. Worse the country from where I am from $1300 feels like $1700 to us.

Here's what I think is happening. Theres another huge thread where people are reporting flickering problem and lenovo doesn't know what's causing it.

Here's my take, the hinges were designed to only have contact with the frame from the outside. The support we think we have on the left hinge probably is the wire.

For us the right hinge broke the glass, for others because the cable provided some support it didn't break the glass but damaged the cable and so the flickering problems!

I have no trust in this laptop. It's a clear case of recall!

Even with a replacement? Then what? It may happen again! And when the warranty runs out we're screwed?

Honestly lenovo should promise us or something that even after warranty expires they would fix this for free. As it's a design defect!

I am hoping for a new replacement so I can just exchange it with some other laptop. Money doesnt grow on trees.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save