cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acmf
Blue Screen Again
Views: 336
Message 1 of 2

Burning smell and electrical sparks on Lenovo Flex3: poor quality control.

I am extremely disappointed at Lenovo's manufacturing quality and its customer service. This is my first Lenovo laptop I ever bought, and it may be the last depending on a satisfactory resolution to my problem.

On 01/31/2017, I reported that a Lenovo Flex3 exhibited a burning smell accompany by periodic electrical sparks I saw from the back of the computer while charging the battery. I immediately pull the plug out of the computer, but the problem persisted for another 2 hours until the battery was apparently completely discharged. For fear of fire, I took the computer to work afraid of losing my home to electrical fire (I could no longer trust that computer).

More disappointing were the false promises I received from customer service saying that my case will be escalated, and I should receive a call within 3 days for further instructions. Three business days passed without any response from Lenovo, which I found unprofessional considering the gravity of the situation.

On the fourth day I called customer services again, and I heard the exactly same story that my case has been escalated, and that I should receive a phone call within 24 hours (broken record). I have seen other complains in this forum concerning bad services that took up to four months for a satisfactory resolution. I sincerely hope that my case does not take that much time; otherwise, I will present a complaint to the Better Business Bureau.

I will give an update on the customer service performance as soon as I have it.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 330
Message 2 of 2

Re: Burning smell and electrical sparks on Lenovo Flex3: poor quality control.

That sounds extremely dangerous, and if Lenovo support continues to not take this matter seriously, you should probably report the issue to the US Consumer Products Safety Commission before someone gets hurt.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors