3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 4

C740-14IML/ after Bios upgrade, USB-c port not working for HDMI & memory card

2020-09-13, 11:39 AM

Please advise. 

What's the matter with Lenovo Bios??  

I have searched a lot of cases on problems after Bios Updates and found similar cases to mine but could not find clear solution. 

One of USB-C ports is not working for HDMI and Memory card. However, it works well for a power-charge.  The other one works well for HDMI, Memory, and Power.

The port which has a problem is close to 'Space-bar'. The other port which is close to monitor works well. Is there anybody who has same issue as my case?

I tried to reboot or update drivers.. Please advise to solve this issue. 

C740-14IML Windows 10 pro.

It has worked well for the last 9 months. 

* Additional information

FYI, I attached the screenshot of Device Manager.

Options

725 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

79 Signins

4408 Page Views

• Views: 4408
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:C740-14IML/ after Bios upgrade, USB-c port not working for HDMI & memory card

2020-09-15, 9:15 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the Lenovo forum community!

According to the manual:

Left side USB-C 

Port 1:

1. Power connector / USB Type-CTM connector (USB 3.1 Gen 1) • Connect to ac power with the included power cord and ac power adapter. • When not connected with the ac power adapter, it acts as a USB Type-C connector. For more information about this connector, see USB Type-C connector (USB 3.1 Gen 1).

port 2:

3. USB Type-C connector (USB 3.1 Gen 1) • Charge your computer. • Charge USB Type-C compatible devices with the output voltage and current of 5 V and 3 A. • Transfer data at USB 3.1 speed, up to 5 Gbps. • Connect to an external display: – USB Type-C to VGA: Maximum 1900 x 1200 pixels, 60 Hz – USB Type-C to DP: Maximum 3840 x 2160 pixels, 60 Hz – USB Type-C to HDMI: Maximum 3840 x 2160 pixels, 60 Hz • Supply power to another computer using P-to-P (Peer to Peer) 2.0 charging function. See “Use P-to-P 2.0 charging function” on page 27. • Connect to USB Type-C accessories to help expand your computer functionality. To purchase USB Type-C accessories, go to https://www.lenovo.com/accessories. Note: When the battery power is below 10%, the connected USB Type-C accessories might not work correctly.

right side USB-C

None.

So as you can see, the one closest to the space bar, is the right one to support HDMI etc...

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

10-14-2020

AU

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:C740-14IML/ after Bios upgrade, USB-c port not working for HDMI & memory card

2020-10-14, 1:44 AM

bought Lenovo yoga C740 a week ago .  both USB-C were working perfectly fine. then today i got a system notification that it requires to update bios. i completed the bious update installation. and sadly one USB-C is not working now.

I've already made a mistake of updating bios...

but to save your one of the USB-C don't trust such bios update notification etc. just ignore them. My advice.

Options

1 Posts

10-14-2020

US

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-10-14, 17:32 PM

I have the same problem. Initially, one out of two was working after the bios update. But for some reason, now none of my type c works for external drive and HDMI. However, it still charges the laptop through that port. Also, if you connect the power supply to the adaptor connected to the type C(not working) on the laptop suddenly it recognizes the device connected to the adaptor. is there any way we can downgrade the BIOS?. I have also contacted the Lenovo tech support and haven't heard from them.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete