Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlueIce5249
Paper Tape
Views: 165
Message 1 of 3

C930 4K Screen Yellow Tint

I recently purchased a C930 with the 4K display from Best Buy. It seems to have a yellowish hue to it, especially when showing whites. It almost looks like a TV when you set the display to warm.  It's not terrible, but when I put it next to me old laptop, it really stands out. I had someone tell me it could just be how it's supposed to be, but a Lenovo service rep suggested it could be a hardware failure and to see if Best Buy would exchange it. Before I go through all the hassle, has anyone else had this problem and resolved it? Or is the screen just supposed to have a warmer tint to it?

Edit: Everything has been updated and I've already messed around with the screen calibration a little bit.

Maugha
SCSI Port
Views: 143
Message 2 of 3

Re: C930 4K Screen Yellow Tint

I think this is the only thing I did not like about the C930. It's like the slide bar for brightness has WHITE light from 93% up to 100%. But around 91% it goes yellow and way too dim. For me, it's not a problem because I usually have my computer corded for power.
BlueIce5249
Paper Tape
Views: 142
Message 3 of 3

Re: C930 4K Screen Yellow Tint

I'm usually corded, but it seems to be all the time for me. The calibration seemed to help slightly (I'm not totally sure what I'm doing, just reading things online and trying them). I was also reading something about new color profile, but that's beyond my knowledge. I just wasn't sure if that's how the screen just is for everyone or if I have a defected screen.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors