Options

2 Posts

01-25-2019

US

2 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 1 of 3

C930 - Brand New With Multiple Issues - No International Support and Terrible Customer Service

2019-01-25, 7:48 AM

Right, 

So when last home in the US I bought a brand new Lenovo C930 (the 2018 version with an i7, 1TB ssd and the standard 1080p screen). I purchased the lenovo specifically because of reliability and durabilitiy issues I had been having with a similar Acer. However upon moving to Southeast Asia, where I will be working for the foreseable future, I noticed several severe problems. 

1. The sakers rattle. Badly. On mid to high volume the built in speakers are not usable unless I press down on the front of the laptop. Um. Not acceptible.
  2. The thing crashes when touched. It is so sensative. I got a crazy stuck pixili screen when I tried to flip the display around the first time. If I bump the table its on (even setting down a mouse to hard) the thing crashes. If I pick it up, it crashes. If I set it down it crashes. Basically useless as a laptop or mobile device. It just crashs and crashes and crashes and has to be hard reset over and over and over.

I contacted Lenovo and of course their once standard international warranty is now no longer standard. Half the reason I purchased the **bleep** thing is because of Lenovo's reptuation for global tech support and warranty support. Apparntly that died in 2018. So now I have a nearly $2,000 laptop that cannot be used as intended, and the tech support guy was less than helpful. Like literally he was just like well you would have to come back to the states to have it fixed. That's not an option for atleast the next 12 months, but this guys had quite literally no interest in providing alternatives or other options.

I am incredibly dissapointed in their customer service. I would expect at the very lease some sort of solution or options for such a device with an obvious manufacturer defect. 

Bad lenovo. Very bad. 

Dan

Options

1802 Posts

12-13-2016

US

4520 Signins

43521 Page Views

• Views: 43521
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: C930 - Brand New With Multiple Issues - No International Support and Terrible Customer Service

2019-01-25, 13:09 PM

If it's unusable and "home" is in the US, maybe sending it to a friend or a family member here in the states would work. Let a friend here in the US exchange it or get it repaired and send it back when complete. Seems the most expedient method to me.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Options

2 Posts

01-25-2019

US

2 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: C930 - Brand New With Multiple Issues - No International Support and Terrible Customer Service

2019-01-27, 4:33 AM

Of course.

Luckily, I happen to have a friend coming to Souteast Asia soon for a visit. She can bring it back and send it off for RMA. However this whole situation is not ideal as there would then be no way for the laptop to be retunred to me. International shipping is super risky and insanely expensive for electronics (get stuck with import tax). This whole process would take months... and then I still would not get it back. 

Sigh. 

Lenovo used to have global waranties. That's why people bought Lenovo. Global travelers could have their Lenovo serviced at service centers around the world. Why did this go away. 

So frustrating. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save