Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GVSUK
Paper Tape
Views: 653
Message 1 of 10

C930 - new laptop - camera has never worked

I got a new Lenovo Yoga C930 last week. On set up the camera did not work. Camera light is on, camera keyboard button is on, camera activated in Devices; I uninstalled and reinstalled the software, updated Windows - no fix. The  shop I bought it from tested it and said it was a camera hardware problem. They replaced it with a new machine. Same problem on the new machine - the camera doesn't work. Called the shop technical support - ran thorugh the same fixes but the problem isn't fixed.

Is Lenovo shipping faulty machines?

Is there a fix? If not I'll send this one back and  buy a different make.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 625
Message 2 of 10

Re: C930 - new laptop - camera has never worked

Hi,

You've posted the same thing in Yoga C930 and Yoga Book C930 threads.  Please clarify which model you have.  (And don't ask me to justify the confusing names...)

How are you testing the camera?  And forgive me, but I have to ask: are you sliding the privacy shutter out of the way?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Pollonf
Paper Tape
Views: 591
Message 3 of 10

bought yesterday C930. Same issue: videocamera is not working despite camera light on.

GVSUK
Paper Tape
Views: 572
Message 4 of 10

It's a laptop.  It doesn't  have a security shutter.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 567
Message 5 of 10

@GVSUK wrote:

It's a laptop.  It doesn't  have a security shutter.

OK then.  I've moved your thread from Yoga Book to Yoga Notebooks.

Still puzzled though - the User's Guide shows a privacy shutter for the 930:

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/yogac930-13ikb_yogac930-13ikbglass_ug_en_201808.pdf

C930 Privacy Shutter.PNGC930 Privacy Shutter Text.PNG

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Maugha
SCSI Port
Views: 546
Message 6 of 10

I got mine a week ago.  I just checked, mine is working just fine.  Did you open the shutter?  I never use my camera/video though.  I pulled it up by using the Windows 10 icon screen and brought up Camera.  No delays or anything.  I opened the shutter and it worked.  Then I closed the shutter while the camera was still running and the  light for the camera was on, but the screen was blank, just like if you still had the lens cover on when using a real camera.  Sorry I can't help you more...

TamirK
What's DOS?
Views: 520
Message 7 of 10

Hi, I have the same problem. New C930 notebook purchased new last week.

Camera doesnt work on Skype, Zoom or windows camera app.

The physical shutter is open.

I get the following error in the windows camera app: 0xA00F4246<errorretryfailed>(0x80004002) 

GVSUK
Paper Tape
Views: 498
Message 8 of 10

There is a privacy shutter button in one of the f keys but I have turned this on.

ronmeyerson
What's DOS?
Views: 427
Message 9 of 10

i literally have the same problem, and did exactly what you did except haven't gone back to the store to get a new one. but it does appear there is a problem with these c930 cameras.

ronmeyerson
What's DOS?
Views: 425
Message 10 of 10

this seem to be a chronic issue with these 930s. I too bought mine last week. camera shutter is open, i have tried everything, the camera privacy settings, uninstalled the device, reinstalled, updated the driver, delete the driver, reinstall the driver, everything i can find on forums. still nothing. i either get that error code, or most of the time the camera is just a big grey box with the camera icon in white in the middle with a white line through it and the camera light on. Lenova really needs to figure this out and get it fixed. very upsetting to buy a new machine, fully customize it and transfer all files and account from my last yoga (920) and have this sh*t happen. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors