US

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

C940 14 Inch Keyboard / TouchPad and Touch Screen is not working

2020-05-28, 14:11 PM

Good day, 

I recommended one of my friend to buy : https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-yoga-c940-2-in-1-14-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i7-12gb-memory-512gb-solid-state-drive-iron-gray/6367799.p?skuId=6367799

He got it yesterday but he told me keyboard / touchpad and touchscreen is not working. At first, I thought he is joking. 

I got the laptop yesterday and tried every possible thing that I imagined (updating drivers, updating windows, clean installing windows, bios reset). I always used mouse and on-screen keyboard for them. 

After a everything I noticed that if I remove Lenovo Yoga Mode, keyboard and  touchpad starting to work. No luck with touch screen (even I do not see touchscreen in device manager). 

However, after a restart, the Yoga Mode returns and keyboard and touchpad stops working again. 

I will ask my friend for returning or exchanging but I wanted to ask, if I am missing something obvious. 

Thank you! 

Options

137 Posts

12-08-2019

US

183 Signins

1449 Page Views

• Views: 1449
  • Message 2 of 2

C940 14 Inch Keyboard / TouchPad and Touch Screen is not working

2020-05-29, 8:46 AM
That sounds like the sensor to detect Yoga mode is busted from my general knowledge. Try disabling Intel (R) Integrated Sensor Solution under System Devices in Device Manager. If after disabling it the touchpad/keyboard work, it's definitely that. No idea about the touchscreen tho. At that point I might just plainly recommend switching it for another C940 since I've personally never seen this issue here or on reddit before.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete