Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

07-05-2020

United States of America

7 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 1 of 3

C940 15 Warranty void after clean install of windows 10 pro

2020-07-05, 9:57 AM

Hello ,

I have erased all content of my SSD drive and reinstalled a fresh copy from Microsoft aka clean install.
I have purchased premium care support and i had an issue with my OS so I have contact the premium support.
They have told me that because i have installed fresh copy of windows 10 and i have not using Lenovo image for my computer ,
They can't support me as my warranty is void and because of that they can check my computer and cant send onsite technician as they cant examine my laptop.

I also manage to speak with a manager from Lenovo Israel and he also confirmed that I have to use Lenovo OS image and not a clean install of the OS.

This is made me mad and i cant understand why I cant use my own OS which is clean of bloatware and get support as i should have.
I have checked the contract and I cant see that i cant use my own OS nowhere in the contract.

Can some one advise if this is legit? this is really void my warranty?
How can i get in contact with higher level within Lenovo  Headquarters?

Thanks,

Gilad

Options

170 Posts

04-26-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

150 Signins

1035 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 1035
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:C940 15 Warranty void after clean install of windows 10 pro

2020-07-05, 14:04 PM

Presumably you made an image of the factory OS just in case .......

It's never wise to completely wipe a drive. The recovery partitions are there for a reason.

I know there is a lot of Lenovo crap on the machines but that's what you get if you buy from any mainstream manufacturer. Only laptops from MSI and such are totally clean.

Options

3 Posts

07-05-2020

United States of America

7 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:C940 15 Warranty void after clean install of windows 10 pro

2020-07-05, 14:52 PM
I have downloaded the image from lenovo just in case. But is that a good reason to void my warranty? I have bought premium care with extra 50$ in cost and there is nothing in there that said i can't install clean OS. Do you know if the warranty will be void in such case? and what Israeli support say its right?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms