11-06-2019

US

35 Signins

246 Page Views

• Views: 246
  • Message 1 of 4

C940 Severe Pen Jitter

2019-11-06, 0:39 AM

I recently purchased a C940 from Best Buy only to discover the most incredible pen jitter I've ever seen on a digitizer. Is this a normal amount of pen jitter? 

Could this be resolved through software or is it likely a hardware fault, and I'll have to return/exchange the unit? Has anyone else experienced similar issues with the AES pen? I have tried the internal pen, a Wacom Bamboo Ink, and a Lenovo Pro Pen. All three experience the jitter to some degree

Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

114 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: C940 Severe Pen Jitter

2019-11-14, 19:41 PM

Hi ,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

We can try to do some steps to resolve the issue and  I suggest that you reinstall the driver and Wacom App as its these 2 factors that affect how the pen works software wise. But before you update the driver and App install all the available updates from Windows first up to ver. 1903 as there are some updates that make conflicts on apps and drivers that's currently installed . 

Once your up to date and no pending installs are available then you can proceed with reinstalling the driver and app.

The driver can be downloaded at this link https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/, just enter your serial number and then navigate to the drivers section.

And then download and install the Wacom app from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/wacom-pen/9p32cf64v70c?activetab=pivotSmiley Surprisedverviewtab#.  

If it still doesn't work, Since it's still new you can check the store's policy to have it exchanged.

I hope this helps and tell us how it goes.

Jeremy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Options

1 Posts

12-30-2019

GB

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-12-30, 15:22 PM

Hi @Jeremy_lenovo,

I've got the same problem. I did what you said but it didnt work. What should I do now?

Options

2 Posts

12-30-2019

PT

3 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-01-03, 15:26 PM

@Jeremy_lenovo @Qyygle

My C940 14 (4k screen) is showing what I would classify as unacceptable jitter, that manifests both as the usual wavy diagonals but also as a finer, higher frequency line-tremor (see capture). I'm using the integrated stylus.

Any carefull drawing that I try comes out as shaky mess, and it's definetelly not my hands.

I'm currently talking to Lenovo tech support for my country to see what can be done (Repair? Replacement? Coud it be the stylus or the scrren/digitzer?), but if this turns out to be a "feature", it's an unnaceptable flaw in what is otherwise an amazing device - and an expensive one at that.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save