04-27-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 1

C940 W TB Dock 3 Gen 2 Monitors Disconnect after Sleep Mode

2020-09-14, 20:56 PM

I have two issues that I would like to share to see if the community has a solution:

First let me state that I have installed all of the latest Firmware and Drivers for both the Yoga c940 and the Thunderbolt Dock 3 Gen 2.

Charging Issue

1. In the past I would connect the dock to the TB Port 1 (closet to back of Notebook) and all of my external devices/monitors would work with no problems and the notebook would charge. Today, I have to plug into TB Port 2 (closet to front of Notebook) for the notebook to charge but I loose external monitors when the notebook goes into sleep mode.

External Monitor Issue

1. As referenced in #1 above, if I have the TB Dock plugged into TB Port 1 I will loose my external HMDI monitors when the notebook goes into sleep mode; however, if I unplug/plug the TB Dock cable the monitors will come back. If I am plugged into TB Port 2 then monitor will not come back and I have to reboot (however the notebook will charge).

This all started a few months ago. I have read similar threads on this forum but have yet to find a resolution.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete