Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kjeffris
What's DOS?
Views: 640
Message 1 of 2

CAD design or specs for Lenovo Yoga 720-15IKB

I am working on a class project that involves an industry partner.  Part of our task is to design a case for the Lenovo Yoga 720-15IKB, but it is very hard to do so without both a physical copy of the computer or a CAD drawing.  Is there anyway to get a CAD model to build the case off of?  If so who should I contact/what is the procedure for acquiring it.

pikemeterson
What's DOS?
Views: 338
Message 2 of 2

Re: CAD design or specs for Lenovo Yoga 720-15IKB

I don't like being "that guy" who responds to dead threads.  Coming across this, I feel inclined to put in my $.02 just in case someone stumbles upon it. 

Some backstory: I am presently a project/design engineer at a custom vehicle manufacturer. Prior to that I earned my stripes doing contract design and engineering work on everything from aftermarket car parts to industrial machinery. I did not go to school, but I was lucky enough to meet someone who saw my potential and steered me along a path to where I am now.

Now that that's out of the way, to address this question. I assume the OP is/was in school for engineering or at the very least drafting. Figuring this kind of stuff out is just scratching the surface of the legwork the needs to be done by an engineer. You have a great start to what you need - a manufacturer and model. The brand is who you contact (and maneuver the sometimes non-ending web of contacts before dealing with the person you need) and you know what you're looking for. Don't be bashful in directly contacting who you need. Employers want engineers that can think for themselves (well, some do). The more you can solve problems like this, the more prepared you will be to solve actual, critical problems. Practice... Practice... Practice...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors