Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Woofythewolf
Paper Tape
Views: 905
Message 1 of 3

CAD model of yoga 720 15"

Hello,

I was wondering if lenovo has CAD models of their laptops available? I've never heard of a manufacturer ever doing this, but I figured I may as well ask.

I wasn't really happy with the only protective case I could find for my new laptop (the iPearl mCover series that you usually see on school loaner laptops), So I figured I'd make my own and 3D print in in maybe a softer nylon or a 95A polyeurathane rubber.

My other option is to see if the university has a 3d scanner big enough for 15" laptop but the actual model would give me the most accurate result.

Thanks!

Nick

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 858
Message 2 of 3

Re: CAD model of yoga 720 15"

It's probably available somewhere but I don't think you'd be able to find the files. It may sound like not a good option but either you need to model it by yourself of hire someone for to do it.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Woofythewolf
Paper Tape
Views: 846
Message 3 of 3

Re: CAD model of yoga 720 15"

Yeah I've been searching the usual sites (grabcad, thingiverse, etc) and no luck there.

I've been experimenting with basically doing guess and check: approximating the radius and end position of the bottom curves and side angle, and then 3d printing a ridgid section to put up against it to see how close I am.

That and I realized I can attach it a lot easier by getting longer screws for the ones going around the perimeter,so it being an exact fit doesn't matter so much.

Edit: I bet if I wait a couple years someone will have done this, but with my luck I would've dropped it and bent in the frame by then.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors