06-17-2016

US

2 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 1 of 2

CPU overheats easily from browsing the internet

2016-06-18, 2:27 AM

I recently bought a Yoga 900 with intel core i7 and 512GB of SSD. I've realized that when I'm actively browsing the internet with abot 5 tabs opened, the CPU heats up easily causing the fan to run really fast.

This doesn't seem normal for a computer I just recently bought. There is no intensive processing happening on the background and also I'm going on websites that do not require intense processing.

It is really annoying to have the CPU heat up that fast specially for a new computer.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Options

10499 Posts

01-02-2010

US

39283 Signins

406272 Page Views

• Views: 406272
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: CPU overheats easily from browsing the internet

2016-06-18, 3:14 AM

Displaying a web page can be very CPU-intensive or use little CPU resources.  It depends on what the page is doing and how well it was coded. One page can completely load a single core.  You are talking about 5,  "Can" is the important word there.  There is much variation what resources are used.  I would start task manager and get a copy of TPFanControl to watch CPU usage vs. temperature. 

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save