Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kentapsoba
Paper Tape
Views: 243
Message 1 of 2

CPU overheats easily from browsing the internet

I recently bought a Yoga 900 with intel core i7 and 512GB of SSD. I've realized that when I'm actively browsing the internet with abot 5 tabs opened, the CPU heats up easily causing the fan to run really fast.

This doesn't seem normal for a computer I just recently bought. There is no intensive processing happening on the background and also I'm going on websites that do not require intense processing.

It is really annoying to have the CPU heat up that fast specially for a new computer.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 234
Message 2 of 2

Re: CPU overheats easily from browsing the internet

Displaying a web page can be very CPU-intensive or use little CPU resources.  It depends on what the page is doing and how well it was coded. One page can completely load a single core.  You are talking about 5,  "Can" is the important word there.  There is much variation what resources are used.  I would start task manager and get a copy of TPFanControl to watch CPU usage vs. temperature. 

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors