Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-04-2021

Philippines

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 6

Camera color is washed out

2021-07-04, 9:16 AM

Hi All,

New to this forum but a longtime Lenovo laptop owner. I have a month-old Yoga Slim 7i Carbon. I noticed during online meetings, Zoom or Teams, that the camera's color is washed out. Is this the normal camera quality of this laptop? Or is there some kind of camera plastic cover that should be removed first before use?

Thanks in advanced.

Options

4349 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

352 Signins

33397 Page Views

• Views: 33397
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Camera color is washed out

2021-07-05, 13:25 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @ glenn.guinto!

Thanks for posting here!

Please try launching the default Camera on your Yoga Slim 7 Carbon laptop and see if it will show the same quality (color).

Upon checking the picture that you've attached here, it seems that there's no plastic strip/cover that covers the Camera itself though, try sliding your fingers still (gently) to see if there's still a film/cover that's still in it just to make sure.

Also, try using other apps as well that requires the use of the Camera aside from Zoom or Teams like Skype or Messenger for example and check the color quality as well.

And please share here your machine's MTM (machine type-model) number for us to check its specifications.

It can be seen through the device's label/sticker or its original packaging and does usually have a format of 8********R as an example.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Options

2 Posts

07-04-2021

Philippines

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 6

2021-07-05, 15:25 PM

Thank you for the reply.

My MTM# is 82EV0007PH

I will try other camera apps.

On a side note, but very much related topic, the microphones are located in the same area, on the left and right sides of the camera, right? As far as I know, there should be a mini hole for each microphone. However, the mic holes are also covered by the same "film" that covers the camera in the same area. My voice during meetings doesn't sound natural, but it's like coming from a cave. :D If you will tell me that it's "by design" that the mic holes are covered by some kind of a "film" then that answers my question about the camera "plastic cover" and I will look for software solutions to my camera washed out issue.

I'm sliding my finger over the area but there seems to be no film/cover.

TIA!

Options

4349 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

352 Signins

33397 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2021-07-05, 20:27 PM

Thanks for providing your device's details @ glenn.guinto!

No worries, you may try the Camera first with the default Camera app that's pre-installed to the Yoga Slim 7 Carbon laptop.

Just type the word Camera into the search bar to launch and test it.

As for your other concern, the Yoga Slim 7 Carbon's Microphones are located on the left and right corners of the module where the Camera, Ambient light sensor, Camera light and Infrared LCD is located.

You may check page 1 of your device's User Guide to see exactly where they are located.

And for the mic issue, try recording first a short audio clip by using the default Voice Recorder app for like 10 to 15 seconds then play it afterwards and observe if the sound (mic) is also the same.

And test if it only happens as well when using a specific app.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

<

Options

3 Posts

07-11-2021

Italy

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 5 of 6

2021-07-11, 14:07 PM

Hi, 

I have a Legion 5-15IMH05H and suddenly my webcam has gone bad, I have tried using it on different apps including the default ones but nothing changed. I tried updating the drivers and rebooting too but it is still bad. Please advise me what to do as I recently bought this laptop and I still have a warranty. 

Here is the picture attached of the camera condition:

Options

4349 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

352 Signins

33397 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2021-07-20, 13:32 PM

@ QaisHassan wrote:

Hi, 

I have a Legion 5-15IMH05H and suddenly my webcam has gone bad, I have tried using it on different apps including the default ones but nothing changed. I tried updating the drivers and rebooting too but it is still bad. Please advise me what to do as I recently bought this laptop and I still have a warranty. 

Here is the picture attached of the camera condition:

Hello @ QaisHassan!

Thanks for posting here at the Community Forums!

Please click on this link to see the steps on how you can create a new post here at the Community Forums so that other members here will be able to see it and provide their help immediately as well.

Make sure to provide all details of your concern including the exact troubleshooting steps that you've done as well as your machine's details like the MTM (machine type-model) number which can be seen through the device's label/sticker or its original packaging and does usually have a format of 8********R as an example.

Also, please do not include or provide your serial number or any other personal info on your post since they're not to be shared publicly for security purposes.

As for your concern, try performing a power drain first by pressing/holding the Power button for like 10 to 15 seconds until the machine turns OFF.

Once done, turn it back on and test the Camera again.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

<

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms