cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kronoss
Punch Card
Views: 664
Message 1 of 3

Can I install windows 8 pro on my Yoga 13 ?

Hello,

I have a windows 8 pro version, and for proffessional raisons I want to install it on my yoga. It will not be a problem ? All drivers for this are available on download ? 

Thanks

Ezekial
Punch Card
Views: 630
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can I install windows 8 pro ?

There is no difference in Win8 standard vs. pro other than the features.

It would not accept my corporate key, so I bought the license key from Amazon.com (Microsoft is not only more expensive, but they also do not provid digital key download) and applied it.  I forgot the exact application, but it has to do with adding features to WIndows 8.

Do note that hte update fails for many people, including myself.  You'll need to disable & stop the Nitro PDF services, particullary the licensing one, reboot and try again.  There is a thread on here you should find through a search.  I just removed NitroPDF as I had no interest to use it.  I much prefer PDF Xchange and full Acrobat Pro if required.

mattcoz
Punch Card
Views: 612
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can I install windows 8 pro ?

Yeah, just do the Anytime Upgrade.  All you do is enter your key and it is upgraded to Pro.  No need to reinstall anything or install different drivers.  Couldn't be simpler.  I bought a $15 upgrade key for mine.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors