Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gd13
What's DOS?
Views: 825
Message 1 of 3

Can't adjust brightness in yoga 730 13

After my laptop updated this morning I have not been able to adjust my brightness levels whatsoever. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could solve this issue??

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 771
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can't adjust brightness in yoga 730 13

Hi gd13!

Welcome to the community forums.

Please check this discussions and article that might help you to solve this issue.

https://support.lenovo.com/za/th/solutions/ht500157?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Can-t-adjust-brightness-in-yoga-730-13/m-p...

Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Kerry207
Paper Tape
Views: 729
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can't adjust brightness in yoga 730 13

I had a similar problem following a Windows 10 update that overwrote the installed graphics drivers. I downloaded the appropriate graphics drivers from the Lenovo web site, be careful to select the one for your laptop/graphics combination (on-board or card) and reinstalled. It was fine after that. There is no need for a BIOS change, which can cause a bricked laptop.

Windows 10 is VERY intrusive and wants to overwrite whatever it can during its updates. It is probably best to do the following, if you are happy with your current hardware/driver configuration. 

Go to Control Panel, select System & Security, select System. On left hand side select Advanced System Settings, select Hardware tab, select Device Installation Settings and choose NO, then save changes. This will now prevent windows 10 from overwriting your drivers, whilst still being able to update. Note updates will probably run faster now, as it leaves your hardware alone and in the state that the manufacturer intended.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors