Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mwilson2154
Paper Tape
Views: 177
Message 1 of 5

Can't get support for Lenovo 900 yoga

My Lenovo Yoga 900 has a cracked screen. I called Lenovo and the rep that I talked to told me they don't do repairs and told me to take it back to Best Buy or to another computer repair tech to have it repaired.   Best Buy said they couldn't replace the glass and neither could the tech that I took it to. This seems absurd.  Why would anyone pay over $1200 dollars for a laptop that can't be repaired if needed?  I'm at a loss, I don't know what to do and I want it fixed.  Does anyone have any suggestions? I just find it very hard to believe that Lenovo won't repair their own merchandise.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 147
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can't get support for Lenovo 900 yoga

Who did you call?  If you have a nearby Lenovo Premier dealer near you, you might carry it in.  It certainly can be replaced.  (It might be expensive.) The manual indicates that the entire assembly (hinges, lid, etc.) are replaced as a unit, but I'm sure it can be taken apart, but I I have never done so I cannot describe it.  I have done similar models and they took less than 1/2 hour.  My guess is that it simply snaps together, but as I said, I haven't done it so I don't really know.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Guru
Views: 123
Message 3 of 5

Try calling 1-877-453-6686 and asking for an out of warranty repair. They usually have a few options. 

Also, Best Buy does service some Lenovo products, so they should be able to source the part. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Mwilson2154
Paper Tape
Views: 117
Message 4 of 5

Everything that you've stated is correct.  I spoke to a rep in Lenovo support at Lenovo. I understand that it may be expensive, but at this point I just want it fixed. 

Guru
Views: 115
Message 5 of 5

I would suggest trying again with Lenovo's support chat, but if they don't have any options, try Best Buy, since they do some authorized work on Lenovo machines. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors