07-01-2018

GB

4 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 1 of 4

Can’t login after Windows updates

2018-07-01, 8:16 AM

After the recent updates, I can't login to my laptop Yoga 520.

I have key in the correct password, it gives 'The password is incorrect. Try again.'

I uses fingerprint, it shows the Hello face and shortly after it gives the error 'Your PIN is required to sign in. Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can set up your PIN again by going to Settings......'

And I clicked the PIN option, it gives the same message 'Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can set up your PIN again by going to Settings......'

Options

37 Posts

06-15-2018

GB

101 Signins

633 Page Views

• Views: 633
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Can’t login after Windows updates

2018-07-02, 14:03 PM

Hi.. take a look at this thread... might help.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Windows-10-Login-Issue-on-Yoga-520/td-p/4126221

Options

1 Posts

09-15-2018

QA

2 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 3 of 4

2018-09-15, 17:35 PM

After the recent updates, I can't login to my laptop Yoga 520.

I have key in the correct password, it gives 'The password is incorrect. Try again.'

I uses fingerprint, it shows the Hello face and shortly after it gives the error 'Your PIN is required to sign in. Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can set up your PIN again by going to Settings......'

And I clicked the PIN option, it gives the same message 'Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can set up your PIN again by going to Settings......'

Options

1 Posts

09-30-2018

IE

7 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 4 of 4

2018-09-30, 15:29 PM

I had the same problem yesterday. I had gone through a Windows update so I felt that was the problem. I changed my Microsoft login password and used that - but the laptop still said 'incorrect password' even using the new password. 

However yesterday I wrote a French language email and downloaded the French keyboard for spell checking etc. I noticed a short while ago that French was displaying as the default keyboard language rather than the 2nd language. I was able to change that back to "English" as default. I then keyed in my password and it was accepted. The incorrect default language was apparently the problem.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save