cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenovotv
Not applicable
Views: 212
Message 1 of 7

Cannot find System Cooling Policy option and cooling option in BIOS (Yoga C930)

Hi, I am trying to reduce the noise of my Yoga C930 laptop especially when it is plugged in to an AC adapter. Most of the time the fans get turned on even at CPU load 1-5% at Task Manager. I went to "power source and sleep" but I cannot find System Cooling Policy option. Could you please let me know where it is? I read that one could also change the cooling method setting in the BIOS. I cannot find it. Where is it? Thanks
ChrisE_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 164
Message 2 of 7

Re: Cannot find System Cooling Policy option and cooling option in BIOS (Yoga C930)

Hi

Welcome to the Lenovo forum discussion. 

You can try opening the Lenovo vantage app https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht505081?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 and check for a system update, then install them all. After that, restart the yoga and test it again. 

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

lenovotv
Not applicable
Views: 144
Message 3 of 7

Re: Cannot find System Cooling Policy option and cooling option in BIOS (Yoga C930)

Hi ChrisE, I have updated via Lenovo vantage and also Windows already. I had Yoga C930 last Fall when it came out. My screen was defective but the fans seldom turned on. I am afraid mine has a heat/fan issue.

Auxen_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 127
Message 4 of 7

Try checking the cooling option in Lenovo Vantage. Open your Lenovo Vantage ->  hardware settings -> smart settings -> intelligent cooling -> cool and quiet. If the option is not in Lenovo Vantage, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Lenovo Vantage. 

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

lenovotv
Not applicable
Views: 105
Message 5 of 7

Done that already but no improvement. 

Jwes_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 94
Message 6 of 7

Hi! May we know what type of noise are you hearing from the laptop and which side of the laptop is it coming from? You mentioned about the screen that is defective, could you tell us what happen? And also, provide a screenshot of the performance tab from the task manager.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

lenovotv
Not applicable
Views: 63
Message 7 of 7

My Yoga C930 is behaving very strange for the past 30 minutes. Never encountered anything like this. The fans seem to be running at full speed even I am not doing intensive stuffs. Now CPU load jump back and forth between about 15% to 30%. Under System, it says it is under very high power consumption. Never seen anything like that nor heard the fans so loud. Know what is going on? The noise come from under the keyboard. Can't tell which specific area. The laptop is charing using the stock AC adapter.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors