Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamerYoga720
Paper Tape
Views: 3,224
Message 1 of 5

Cannot login with PIN or Fingerprint

Hi, I have a Lenovo Yoga 720 bought 2 months ago. I changed my Gmail PIN number from a different device, and since then I am unable to log in using the fingerprint or the correct PIN number. I tried resetting the PIN number from Lenovo sign in options but still not working! Logging in with the password is ok though!

Can someone advise me what to do, please?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,211
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cannot login with PIN or Fingerprint

Are you talking about your gmail password?  That has nothing to do with windows passwords or hardware passwords.  Google has options to sync across devices.  Perhaps one machine has different options from the other(s).

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
SamerYoga720
Paper Tape
Views: 3,162
Message 3 of 5

For some reason after changing my gmail security settings and could not login!

I removed the PIN from the sign in options settings, but I am unable to set it up again. Whenever I try to setup Windows Hello PIN number through the windows lock screen it displays a message that something went wrong, try again later!
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,154
Message 4 of 5

I think your Gmail PIN change and the broken Windows Hello PIN issue happening at the same time is just a coincidence as the two aren't related. That said, I didn't know you could use a PIN with Gmail. Never looked into that. Are you sure you didn't change your Microsoft PIN from a different computer? That would have affected your laptop.

Windows Update has been known to break Windows Hello. I had it happen to me with the Fall Creators Update. Thing is, I can't remember how I fixed it. This solution looks familiar.  And I also had a lot of registry permissions wrecked with an update, too. Here's a fix for those

Let us know how it goes.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
SamerYoga720
Paper Tape
Views: 3,133
Message 5 of 5

Thanks.

I removed the PIN and then restarted and set it up again and worked!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors