cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christian99
Paper Tape
Views: 625
Message 1 of 6

Cannot sign in after BIOS update (YOGA 900 13ISK 80MK)

After running the suggested BIOS update I cannot sign in anymore to Windows 10.

I normally signed in only  locally after restart as I never linked the laptop login to my microsoft account.

Nevertheless the microsoft account login is not working as well resulting that I do not have access to my laptop anymore.

efremmc2
What's DOS?
Views: 560
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cannot sign in after BIOS update (YOGA 900 13ISK 80MK)

Boot into Safe mode and see if you can successfully do that.  After the reboot, you should be fine....

efremmc2
What's DOS?
Views: 560
Message 3 of 6

Boot into Safe mode and see if you can successfully do that.  After the reboot, you should be fine.... You may need to do a Repair option, but save that as a last option.  Make sure you use GPT partition scheme.

TurboGrafx
Paper Tape
Views: 549
Message 4 of 6

How do you boot into Safe Mode on the Yoga 900? I have this same issue post install of the BIOS update. Lenovo is telling me I need to wipe and reinstall and wants to charge me for premium software support for an issue that *they* caused. Shameful.
TurboGrafx
Paper Tape
Views: 536
Message 5 of 6

Never mind I figured out how to boot into safe mode but that doesn't help. You can't do anything in safe mode without logging in, which is the problem! I had a support chat and was once again led towards OneKey recovery which will reset to factory settings requiring HOURS of my time to update to latest builds and reinstall programs as well as some potential data loss (most if not all important files are backed up). Still a huge pain, they should be paying me for screwing up my laptop which until yesterday I really loved.
TurboGrafx
Paper Tape
Views: 518
Message 6 of 6

Lenovo support is useless. I've opened 2 cases which they closed without resolution. They refuse to take any responsibility or provide any type of solution other than restore using OneKey. Wish I'd had this experience before paying to extend my warranty, and I sure won't be applying any future updates from them. It's clear that no one from Lenovo support monitors these forums, they are only a place to vent (similar to the crappy Moto Droid Turbo I used to have that STILL doesn't have Marshmallow more than a year later than promised). At least I learned a cool trick that allowed me to back up my files without having to log on before I wiped and restored.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors