Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nhuk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,174
Message 11 of 45

Re: Change onekey default path

After some promising questions it all seems to have gone quiet again. Can everyone who ran the partition tool still use one key, is it just my laptop?

Nick.

nhuk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,167
Message 12 of 45

Ok, i think i have to accept that i wont get the help i need through the forum on this topic.What's is the next escalation point - is there a warranty type cover (technician chat ot something similar) or am i actually going to have to pay to get support from Lenovo directly.
waseemshahzaad
Paper Tape
Views: 2,146
Message 13 of 45

Guys, I have the same problem. Can anybody offer some advice, please?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,127
Message 14 of 45

Hi all,

There's a pretty good guide over here in this thread .

I don't have a Yoga, but I do know that once you change partitions around, OKR won't work anymore.

You're supposed to run your backups, image the drive, and create bootable media before you change any partitions.  I'm pretty sure that the only way to get OKR back is with a set of restore media from Lenovo service.

Regards,

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
nhuk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,105
Message 15 of 45

Good luck - I posted a number of times, and never got any useful help.

As for the other reply saying it doesnt work if you repartition - the repartition tool is FROM LENOVO. So, what you are saying is that lenovo provides a tool to fix they ridiculous out-of-the-box disk setup, but it breaks the backup software, and does not give you any way to fix it.

Great, what a service......

nhuk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,071
Message 16 of 45

Further to this topic, since I am still deviod of a decent backup solution (now acronis wont boot from usb or CD anymore, I am getting twitchy)

I bought a stock lenovo 13, I ran the lenovo provided repartitioning tool, oneky backup no longer works with the error "the program cannot find the service partition, this function is currently available". So, clearly, running the disk repartitioning tool has deleted the hidden partition where the onekey recovery software was stored. Great, the space fix from lenovo breaks the backup system of lenovo.

But wait, when you dig down into the bumf on the repartitioning tool page you get this

"Will I still be able to use OneKey Recovery (OKR) after I run this tool?

Yes, OneKey Recovery can still be used to restore the system to factory contents. Note: The “Application” and “Drivers” folders currently on the D drive will not be restored by OneKey Recovery.  Ensure these folders are backed up prior to running OKR."

So which bit is wrong? I ran the tool (no mucking about on my part) and Onekey Recovery does *not* work after I run the tool - why?

I feel it is rather unfair that I did nothing wrong, I only used the tools provided by the manufacturer, and they are uninterested in either explaining why or helping me to fix it.

I still have 4 partitions even after the recovery tool

1GB recovery partition

260mb EFI System

1GB OEM Partition

116.91GB Windows8_OS (CSmiley Happy

Is the OEM partition where onekey lives? How do I get onekey to realise that?

Its getting to the stage where I will have to buy the rebuild disks (why these werent included with a £999 laptop is beyond me).....

nhuk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,054
Message 17 of 45

In reply to topmahof:

you "do know that once you change the partitions around, OKR won't work anymore"?

I would refer you to the documentation on lenovos own webpage for the disk tool -

"Will I still be able to use OneKey Recovery (OKR) after I run this tool?

Yes, OneKey Recovery can still be used to restore the system to factory contents"

So there appears to be a difference between what 'you know' and what 'they say'.

If there was any warning that this would break OKR, don't you think I would have backed up first? I didnt want an image of the bloated useless disk structure they supplied, but I do want a reliable backup solution!

nhuk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,035
Message 18 of 45

More info

I used a unix box to examine the drive  and can yell you the following

the partition \LRS_ESP contains EFI and BOOT indo and a ONEKEY DIRECTORY, if I press the novo button to start the machine, then onekey loads, I can only select restore, and since I didnt backup with onekey yet, that isnt an option. This proves that the onekey partition is there, and the progran works.

the other partition still remiaining (hiddden) is \WIN_RE and in there we find a 500mbit winre.wim file, windows restore, perhaps?

So, there is data, the intial partition information where the restore files were kept are on a stick (whcih the booted okr did not recognise) but still in windows OKR claims there is no system service partition (yet I can boot to it from the novo button).

How do i get onekey in windows to see the partition that si clearly there with the software on it, it seems so close.....

waseemshahzaad
Paper Tape
Views: 1,999
Message 19 of 45

Issue still not resolved? 

I also have the same problem. 

Sucks.

nhuk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,989
Message 20 of 45

Despite plenty of activity in other threads, it seems no one is interested in helping with this issue, which is odd as i guess it must affect everyone who used the repartition tool.....

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors