Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XMB
Punch Card
Views: 1,221
Message 31 of 45

Re: Change onekey default path

One thing, did you upgrade the OKR program to version 8?

This is needed as mentioned in the help file:

Q: What are the new features of OneKey Recovery 8.0?

A: Besides improved software compatibilities and performance, OneKey Recovery 8.0 adds major features:

1. Now supports the storing of the system backup data directly on partition C.
  2. Adds the System Recovery feature in Windows for easier system recovery.

Use the upward pointing arrow in the circle (near top right of OKR program screen) to check for an update.

waseemshahzaad
Paper Tape
Views: 1,215
Message 32 of 45

just tried that, same error :-(

nhuk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,198
Message 33 of 45

Did the upgrade as soon as it came out - as i hoped that would solve it. It does not.
waseemshahzaad
Paper Tape
Views: 1,187
Message 34 of 45

yes, I upgraded it as soon as brought it home. Since I'm in Kazakhstan n the windows 8 is in Russian,so I wanted to change the language to English hence I tried to restore it by One key recovery and it came back with error. n now I don't have any backup image to restore my notebook to. 

nhuk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,173
Message 35 of 45

For me this should be simple. Give us a download link to a version of OKR that we can install that allows us to create a system backup to any location we choose. Allow us to create a usb key with the software that can then be used to restore that backup.

job done, surely? As it happens, even after the repartitioning malarkey i still have an OKR bootable partition (using the button on the front of my lenovo) but it will only allow restore, and i don't have an image. But the bootable partition version of OKR wont let me run a backup either....
waseemshahzaad
Paper Tape
Views: 1,159
Message 36 of 45

so I guess there is no other way but to buy a new windows 8 pro disk? sucks big time

XMB
Punch Card
Views: 1,155
Message 37 of 45

You can always create a Windows recovery USB drive by performing the following:

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then clickSearch.)

2. Enter Recovery in the search box, tap or click Settings, and then tap or click Create a recovery drive.

Administrator permission required You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.

3. After the recovery drive tool opens, make sure the Copy the recovery partition from the PC to the recovery drivecheck box is selected, and then tap or click Next.

Or, if you want to create a recovery CD or DVD instead, clear the Copy the recovery partition from the PC to the recovery drive check box, tap or click Next, and then tap or click Create a system repair disc with a CD or DVD instead.

4. On the next screen, find the size of the recovery partition, and then insert a USB flash drive into your PC that is at least this size.

5. Tap or click the USB drive you would like to use for your recovery disk, then tap or click Next.

6. Tap or click Create.

The recovery image and necessary recovery tools will be copied to your USB flash drive, which will take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the recovery image.

7. When the process is done, do one of the following:

• If you want to keep the recovery partition on your PC, tap or click Finish.

• If you want to remove the recovery partition from your PC and free up disk space, tap or click Delete the recovery partition. Then tap or click Delete. This will free up the disk space used to store your recovery image. When the removal is done, tap or click Finish.

8. Remove your USB flash drive.

To boot from this your may need to change the BIOS settings.

waseemshahzaad
Paper Tape
Views: 1,145
Message 38 of 45

you know you are going to hate me for this probably. But I tried this option too and I received a message that says that some files are missing and you can search them........"

nhuk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,137
Message 39 of 45

Whilst i am pleased to see this topic finally getting some feedback, it is very frustrating when people post without reading the thread so far. It wastes everybody's time, including their own. There is no point cutting and pasting the standard recovery method for Windows 8 here. We have run the partitioning tool provided by Lenovo, this means the partition containing the recovery files (read default Lenovo install) is *already gone*. I have created the recovery drive already, its the first thing i did when I got it. What i want to be able to do is run the OneKey recovery software to create a *current* backup, so that i can restore my current setup, not the factory default.
XMB
Punch Card
Views: 1,131
Message 40 of 45

Looks like the only answer then is to return to Lenovo for them to repair by re-imaging the SSD drive.

You could ask the dealer you purchased it from if they are able to help (as they may have a suitable disk image).

I can say that my recently purchased yoga 13 (from Currys) was able to produce both a Windows recovery USB and One Key recovery backup to an external hard drive all OK.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors