10-26-2020

AT

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 4

Charger Cable exploded

2020-10-26, 15:27 PM

Hey everybody! So the charger cable for my Yoga2 literally exploded the other day (it was really pure luck that nobody was in the vicinity when it happened, so at least nobody got hurt). It did shock me however that that actually happened to me, especially as it came with no warning signs, everything was working fine up until then, no issues with the battery or anything. I wasn't even charging the laptop when it happened, the cable was just lying on the floor (still plugged in to the socket tho). 

What shocked me even more was that Lenovo customer support doesn't see any problem with that. I was just brushed off with 'it's an old device (purchased in 2015), that happens'. 

Anyway, I kind of just want to vent, because all this really shook me. 

IMG_20201001_125152.jpg IMG_20201001_125207.jpg
Options

3404 Posts

12-22-2008

CA

12389 Signins

178555 Page Views

• Views: 178555
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Charger Cable exploded

2020-10-26, 16:36 PM

@ ExplodedCharger wrote:

Hey everybody! So the charger cable for my Yoga2 literally exploded the other day (it was really pure luck that nobody was in the vicinity when it happened, so at least nobody got hurt). It did shock me however that that actually happened to me, especially as it came with no warning signs, everything was working fine up until then, no issues with the battery or anything. I wasn't even charging the laptop when it happened, the cable was just lying on the floor (still plugged in to the socket tho). 

What shocked me even more was that Lenovo customer support doesn't see any problem with that. I was just brushed off with 'it's an old device (purchased in 2015), that happens'. 

Anyway, I kind of just want to vent, because all this really shook me. 

It's definitely a safety issue. It could be related to "wear and tear" but it could also be a manufacturing defect that could apply to other customers who may not be as lucky as you were. If Lenovo won't at least look at the cord to see how this could have happened then I'd contact the Austrian Federal Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection. See Product Safety and Reporting Dangerous Products.

Using Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

9462 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32662 Signins

1209010 Page Views

• Views: 1209010
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-10-29, 10:07 AM

Hello @ExplodedCharger 

Support have actually been trying to contact you but it would appear they were not having any joy by phone, appears the number they have is no longer in service, and have also sent emails to the same address as registered in your Community account. Perhaps you could check your spam folder for the mails and if you don't find them, already deleted, please contact support in Austria again please.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

3 Posts

10-26-2020

AT

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-10-29, 10:48 AM

Yeah, I've actually exchanged a few emails with support on Tuesday and was told this matter would be escalated internally and I'd be contacted again whenever there's news. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete