Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

103 Posts

10-22-2015

United States of America

107 Signins

450 Page Views

• Views: 450
  • Message 1 of 4

Checking driver versions

2016-11-15, 13:53 PM

I try and download driver updates from the support site soon after they are released. However, sometimes it feels like the updates install after going through the installation process. There is no confirmation box or dialog box telling me to restart my computer. Is there some way to make sure I have the latest versions currently on the support site installed on my computer?

Options

12692 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7357 Signins

751925 Page Views

• Views: 751925
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Checking driver versions

2016-11-16, 13:42 PM

Hi tuhin , 

Greetings.

Checking on the listed devices on device manager then right click to choose properties. Driver tab would list the version of the driver that you may compare with the drivers offered on the support site. 

Hope this help answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

103 Posts

10-22-2015

United States of America

107 Signins

450 Page Views

• Views: 450
  • Message 3 of 4

2016-11-16, 16:03 PM

I also searched for a driver updater and have started using Driver Booster. Turns out all those drivers were not installing directly from Lenovo's website so everything was outdated. After using Driver Booster though, my computer is all up to date. In case anyone is having issues with updating their drivers, I recommend searching online for a program and installing it. 

Options

12692 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7357 Signins

751925 Page Views

• Views: 751925
  • Message 4 of 4

2016-11-16, 16:27 PM

Hi tuhin , 

Third party software is not recommended for OEM machine and is the same reason why they would provide disclaimer to check with manufacturer first to avoid liability.

OEM supported drivers on the official website are "certified " (legally certified and tested by manufacturer) that should be considered highly specially if the machine is under warranty as uncertified drivers may lead to potential damage that may void warranty. 

Calling in tech support would be the best option as online search would rather attract malwares/ ransomware and possible dubious callers pretending as tech support claiming issues in your pc. 

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)