Did you mean: 
KML15
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 664
Message 1 of 7

Clean Install of Win10 did not help auto rotate/mode functionality

A little over a month ago, I posted this: 

Continued issues with Yoga 2 Pro auto screen rotation after Windows 10 Upgrade
Following the Windows 10 upgrade and subsequent updates,  my Yoga 2 Pro no longer switches between modes. I can fold the laptop back into tent or tablet mode, but I then have to manually rotate the screen by using the CTRL-ALT-Arrow Keys. The keyboard functionality does not change automatically either. 

I have tried several solutions suggested across multiple forums - and to no avail. At this point I have done the following: 

1. Updated all related drivers and BIOS. 

2. Confirmed that all sensor services are running and are set to automatic. 

3. Uninstalled Transitions and stopped, started, restarted, and ultimately disabled YMC. 

4. Run some sort of registry script that was supposedly helping others. 

5. And, it should go without saying (but I'll say it anyway), I have confirmed that the auto-rotate lock is NOT turned on; either in the side Action Center menu on the right or through display settings. I do have access to this "button" though. I know for others it was greyed out and not functioning. 

The notebook does nothing when I rotate it around. Frustrating, to say the least, as this is the entire point of the Yoga 2 Pro - to seamlessly switch modes. 

I can see from other posts that this is a universal problems with 2-in-1 devices and other tablets following the switch to Win10, and posts go back almost a year. Has there been ANY resolution? I would love to get my functioning machine back! 

Thanks! 

I tried a clean reinstall of Win10, based on some other forum posts I had found. Still, my Yoga Pro 2 does not, as someone else said, "do yoga". Isn't that the whole point of these computers?? Has ANYONE figured out how to fix this problem? And, I am way outside Microsoft's 30-day reversion period so I can't easily switch back to Win8.1. I am so incredibly frustrated at this point, and definitely would've gone with a different machine if I had known the functionality would be completely lost upon an OS upgrade - even an entire YEAR later! 

ANY help would be appreciated! 

MattDN93
802.11n
Views: 630
Message 2 of 7

Re: Clean Install of Win10 did not help auto rotate/mode functionality

I have a Yoga 500 so this might not be useful to you, but I also had issues with YMC and no auto screen rotation as you mention here. Ultimately I actually updated my Intel HD 520 graphics drivers manually, using the drivers listed on Intel's site and NOT Lenovo's ones. This solved the issue for me.
idkwia
Serial Port
Views: 619
Message 3 of 7

On the right hand side of the Yoga 2 Pro right in the middle there is a small button that locks and unlocks the auto-rotate, have you tried that?

KML15
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 601
Message 4 of 7

I had already checked that several times. Funny thing is - I tried again with the clean install and now that button doesn't work and the option for auto rotation is no longer in display settings or in the side menu. This could not be more frustrating... 

KML15
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 600
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the tip! I have tried downloading the newest graphics driver from Intel, too, but it has not helped as of yet. I guess it's time to relinquish this to a repair person... 

Flanimal
Token Ring
Views: 578
Message 6 of 7

I had to i stall Lenovo Transition before my yoga modes worked automatically. 

Installing Lenovo settings and Lenovo Companion from the Windows store might help,  especiallly after running a scan which might update drivers. 

Three definitely will be a way to make it work. 

idkwia
Serial Port
Views: 559
Message 7 of 7

Yes I also remember having to install Lenovo Transitions to sort an auto-rotate issue

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors