cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sojudog
Paper Tape
Views: 1,123
Message 1 of 5

Color is awful on my Yoga 920...thinking of returning, are there other options?

I'm not at all a person that knows how to adjust color on a screen and  would rather not have to muck about with this at all, but the screen looks yellow-ish or red-ish or both. Would anyone happen to have a software fix for this? I rather like the hardware otherwise, but I can't ignore that the screen just looks totally awful.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,114
Message 2 of 5

Re: Color is awful on my Yoga 920...thinking of returning, are there other options?

Sounds like Windows' Night Light mode.   Try this:

• Open the Start Menu.
  • Click the gear icon to bring up the Settings Menu.
  • Choose System.
  • Select Display.
  • Toggle the Night light switch to OFF
  • Reboot (though that shouldn't be necesssary)

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
sojudog
Paper Tape
Views: 1,103
Message 3 of 5

Re: Color is awful on my Yoga 920...thinking of returning, are there other options?

That's a great guess and I wish I would have thought of that before I posted my message so I could exclude it and save everyone time. Unfortunately, not the case here.

sojudog
Paper Tape
Views: 1,060
Message 4 of 5

I've gone ahead and returned my unit so you don't have to bother replying to this thread, but it's cool with me if the thread lives on and is useful to others.

I really liked all of the hardware except the (4K) screen, which seemed really off color, washed out, dark, etc.

Kreeker
Punch Card
Views: 518
Message 5 of 5

Found this older thread by chance. I have to say that my Yoga 920 4K had the exact same problem out of the box - the display had a strong red tinge and gamma was too low, which made the screen a bit too dark. I spent quite a lot of time adjusting colors and gamma, and eventually the screen looked more or less satisfying. But it's really irritating that I had to muck about with so expensive a laptop. True, none of my previous laptops/tablets was much better out of the box, not even my Surface Pro 3, and I had to muck about with them all. Still, I was disappointed, to say the least. Why aren't the more expensive displays factory-calibrated? I could understand if the colors were a little bit off, but what I saw after unboxing the 920 was by no means 'a little bit'...

Otherwise I have no complaints about my Yoga and the screen looks quite good now too. Just had to get it off my chest. Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors