cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eedickie
What's DOS?
Views: 7,068
Message 1 of 8

Color options for new Yoga 920 on Lenovo website?

I'm pretty serious about buying a Yoga 920, based on the (mostly) good reviews I've seen for it. However, one of the things that encouraged me to really dig this model were the color options for the case. Silly? Maybe a little, since it doesn't affect the machine's operations in the slightest, but I figure when I'm investing that much in a piece of tech, I should be able to somewhat be able to customize the color if they advertise being able to do so.

In all of the promotional materials, they list 3 color options: silver, bronze, & copper. Now, I can find the first two on the Lenovo website - however, the bronze is only for the MOST expensive/tricked out version. The copper isn't even mentioned, even though there's a picture on the Yoga 920 product page showing it. There was no mention of certain colors being premium - so......

Why can't I get a bronze/copper Yoga 920 with any configuration LESS than 1 TB of storage and without the UHD screen? I'm wanting to get the more mid-level option, 8gb mem/512gb storage, and the FHD (for battery conservation purposes, and I just don't need the UHD).

I've seen the lowest level configurations on Amazon & elsewhere in the bronze color, but the copper doesn't even seem to exist.

What's up with that?

eighty9sho
Paper Tape
Views: 7,050
Message 2 of 8

Re: Color options for new Yoga 920 on Lenovo website?

I encountered the same frustration. I have been stalking this model for months and for what it's worth all of these colors were available the first week the laptop came out. You had the ability to choose your color and customize the CPU/memory/drive just as you can with other brands (hint in case decision makers read this, I would have loved the ability). I am mentioning this in hopes that they come back at some point. I was stuck on that bronze color and was able to find that color with the upgraded I7 processor at BestBuy. I purchased about a week ago and have been overall pretty happy with the laptop.

eedickie
What's DOS?
Views: 7,041
Message 3 of 8

Okay, so for what it's worth, then, why remove that option later and shoot themselves in the foot with sales?

I want to GIVE THEM MY MONEY after long research into other options - is it too much to ask that they let me pick the color & specs that they said they would have? (snarky humor)

I don't want to buy from BestBuy or some other retailer - I actually specifically wanted to buy through Lenovo itself.

I'm pretty stuck on those colors, as well. Have you seen the Copper anywhere else?
eighty9sho
Paper Tape
Views: 7,039
Message 4 of 8

I agree with you, in the end as BB had what I wanted I just went with them however if I had it my way I would have preferred direct. Looking at comparable laptops on HP and Dell you can customize as you see fit, not sure why Lenovo has to be difficult. I'm having an issue with tablet mode with mine and am growing frustrated with support. Am thinking of returning and getting the Dell xps 13.

In regards to the Copper color- Again, I have been stalking for some time. A few weeks ago I believe they had the copper color as the top model, so not available unless you're buying the top model.

eedickie
What's DOS?
Views: 7,034
Message 5 of 8

I'd be tempted to buy through BB, but I really want the larger capacity SSD (512gb), which they don't have. I'm also pretty sold on getting it direct, for warranty & support purposes. I suppose if the color is really such a big deal (eye roll) I could just buy the SSD size I want & install it myself, but that seems SO silly for a brand-new, hot off the presses piece of tech.

I don't ultimately care as much which of the non-silver colors I would have as a mid-level option, but I would like to have an option.
Capri
Paper Tape
Views: 6,980
Message 6 of 8

There are copper models on Lenovo's Swedish site. However i think its the top model thats in copper only. Im really tempted to buy the bronze model from BB since they have it on sale w/ the active pen since i'm pressed for time or just find something else for Web dev

vats_cs
Paper Tape
Views: 6,773
Message 7 of 8

Ok so i think that there is a slight over sight because there is build/personalise your own config option for the LENOVO YOGA 920, given its their flagship model. Though i'm not entirely sure if it is value for money since my config (i7, 16gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1080p screen, active pen, Bronze) costs 1375$ while the almost same config but with 512gb ssd and 4k screen in silver costs only 1400$ on Best Buy. Even i dont want the 4K screen to save battery but the 512gb ssd make it tempting as the 512gb SSD on lenovo website costs abt 1600$. 

Please note though lenovo charges the same price for the said config irrespective of the color,i.e., they dont charge anything extraq for any one particular color.

1.) So when u open the Lenovo 920 page, on the bottom left you'll see a "VIEW or CUSTOMISE" button. Click on it.

2.)You'll most probably see a list of 4 models with their specification. To the top right of the models, when you click on the "NEXT" you'll see the last two models. The last model is listed as "BUILD YOUR OWN". Click on it and off you go customising it as you like.

vats_cs
Paper Tape
Views: 6,769
Message 8 of 8

2.png3.png4.png

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors