Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
fharrington
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,269
Message 1 of 6

Component Upgrades Yoga 13

I'm planning on adding ram and an ssd to my Yoga 13.  Can someone who has actually done this tell me the proper way to remove and reinstall the keyboard?  I took a peek and it's got a bunch of metal snags and plastic clips + the ribbon.  Any information is much appreciated. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,266
Message 2 of 6

Re: Component Upgrades Yoga 13

Hello and welcome,

The Hardware Maintenance Manual is probably your best bet: IdeaPad Yoga13 Hardware Maintenance Manual

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

darkpit2235
Punch Card
Views: 3,306
Message 3 of 6

Hi... youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At-Br20OAvg

Hope it helps

joshuatownsend
Paper Tape
Views: 3,007
Message 4 of 6

Check out my post here for the right components, tools, supplies and procedure you'll need to follow to get the memory upgraded to 8GB and how to add a second SSD to your Yoga 13: 

How to Upgrade Memory and Storage on the Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 13

minigts
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,617
Message 5 of 6

RAM is pretty easy upgrade.  The keyboard is the only thing you have to remove.  To replace the SSD or add another, you have to pull the keyboard and remove the screws that have arrows pointing to them and then all the torque screws on the bottom.  The front corners (by the power button) have magnets, so they are seemingly hard to separate, but once the screws are out it will come apart easily.  I flipped my screen all the way over and carefully separated the top cover from the base.  There is one ribbon cable connected, but you can move the top cover out of the way enough to insert the mSATA drive without disconnecting it.  There is a video no the web that shows this process, but the drive goes in under where the Backspace key is located.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,554
Message 6 of 6

Hi all,

one more useful document,

hardware service training for the IdeaPad Yoga 13...

http://service.lenovo.partner-management.com/content/CourseWarePublic/17289/player.html

Zehn

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors