Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S-V-Ketos
Not applicable
Views: 1,269
Message 1 of 2

Computer startup problems

I have a yoga 2. It was left in sleep mode until the battery was fully discharged. When I try to start it, it comes on for a few seconds then shuts off. After it shuts off it will not even try to start. If I push and hold the reset button it will start again for a few seconds and quit. On a particularly cold day it started and ran for approximately 5 minutes. Is there a thermal shutdown built into the system? If so how do you reset it? Any other ideas that may get me up and running?

Thanks,

Tim

EricX
Not applicable
Views: 1,217
Message 2 of 2

Re: Computer startup problems

Try pressing and hold the power button for 30 seconds; then plug the laptop in. Also if you're able to, unplug the battery, and hold the power button for 30 seconds. That'll need a bit of dissassembly, so refer to lenovoservicetraining.com for reference on that. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors