Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

05-10-2014

Boston, MA

9 Signins

73 Page Views

• Views: 73
  • Message 1 of 2

Conexant Audio Driver update error on upgrade to windows 10 - Yoga 11s Haswell

2015-08-02, 20:43 PM

I upgraded my Yoga 11s Haswell laptop to Windows 10 and went through upgrading all my drivers from the lenovo support page: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-11s-notebook-ideapad

I noticed my audio was not working and I did not see an update conexant audio driver for my machine for windows 10. Has it not been released yet? 

I only see the Realtek Audio Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - IdeaPad Yoga 11s 

The current one installed is the Conexant audio driver version 8.65.21.500 from 1/2/2014.

When I try to run the automatic Driver update and tell windows to search the internet for the latest driver it attempts to download a driver then showthe error message: "System could not allocate the required space in a registry log".

I wanted to check with the internet mindhive before I go tinkering with my windows registry. 

I'm going to try to uninstall the conexant driver and install the realtek one. I'll post back if it works on not. 

Otherwise if anyone has advice I'm all ears.

Options

7 Posts

05-10-2014

Boston, MA

9 Signins

73 Page Views

• Views: 73
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Conexant Audio Driver update error on upgrade to windows 10 - Yoga 11s Haswell - UPDATE:FIXED

2015-08-02, 21:10 PM

So uninstalling the Conexant driver apparently rolled it back to version 8.64.58.0 from 5/15/2013. Funny thing is the sound works though it's a bit crunchy sounding. 

I tried the Update Driver button again and had the same problem with the registry being full.

Good thing is I tired the Realtek Audio driver for Windows 10 and it does install the updated Conexant driver for windows 7, 8.1, and 10. 

Afer restarting the audio works perfectly.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms