01-12-2021

US

2 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 5

Connecting Bluetooth device

2021-01-12, 17:34 PM

I have a Yoga 730-15.  Until yesterday, I had no trouble connecting the laptop to my Oticon hearing aids via a Bluetooth device called ConnectClip.  My phone connects fiandnds the sound on the computer is fine.  The only problem is connecting to the hearing aids.  The only thing I notice is that when I click on Sound - Playback, it shows 3 alternatives.  See  below.  One is "Speakers," one is "Headphones, ConnectClip 1.1 Stereo" and one is "Headset, ConnectClip Hands-Free AG Audio."  The last alternative is not connected and it won't let me connect it.  I'm not sure but I think that may be the problem.  The 2nd alternative, Headphones...Stereo, is the default and I've tried disabling that  but I still can't connect the Hands-Free AG Audio.  I've tried everything from restarting my computer, restarting the ConnectClip and turning off my IPhone.  Nothing has worked.  Suggestions?

Options

499 Posts

11-04-2019

US

172 Signins

13117 Page Views

• Views: 13117
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Connecting Bluetooth device

2021-01-13, 14:55 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums Jontbn!

Glad to have you here!

Would just like to get additional details from you here:

- Can you please provide here your device's MTM (machine type-model) number so that we can check its specifications?

- Does the Oticon hearing aid that you are using works on other devices when paired?

- Does your Yoga 730 still able to detect the Oticon hearing aid through Bluetooth & other devices under Settings? You may try clicking on "Add Bluetooth or other device" in order for the laptop to detect it.

If the accessory is still detected under the Bluetooth settings of your laptop (not the ConnectClip) app that you're using, check if you can connect it from there and test the item again.

Also, check if the accessory (Oticon hearing aid) is also paired to other devices. If yes, try to disconnect or unpair the accessory to all devices where it is currently paired and try connecting it solely on the device (laptop).

Update us on how it will go through. 

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

01-12-2021

US

2 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2021-01-13, 15:36 PM

Thanks!  Here are my responses:

Can you please provide here your device's MTM (machine type-model) number so that we can check its specifications?

Desktop OQ6HLCH is the Device Name.  See attached for additional info.

- Does the Oticon hearing aid that you are using works on other devices when paired?

Yes.  It works fine with my iPhone.

- Does your Yoga 730 still able to detect the Oticon hearing aid through Bluetooth & other devices under Settings? You may try clicking on "Add Bluetooth or other device" in order for the laptop to detect it.

It does not detect the hearing aids.  It detects the ConnectClip and after I click on the Connect button, it says “Music Connected” but I can’t hear any sound through my hearing aids.  Only through the speaker of the laptop.

If the accessory is still detected under the Bluetooth settings of your laptop (not the ConnectClip) app that you're using, check if you can connect it from there and test the item again.

Also, check if the accessory (Oticon hearing aid) is also paired to other devices. If yes, try to disconnect or unpair the accessory to all devices where it is currently paired and try connecting it solely on the device (laptop).

Yes.  I’ve tried that without success.  Do you think the fact that "ConnectClip 1.1 Hands-Free AG Audio" is not connected is the problem?  I can't connect it.  I can only connect to "ConnectClip 1.1 Stereo."  Incidentally, this problem started after I tried to share sound on a Skype call.  Before that, it worked like a charm.

Options

499 Posts

11-04-2019

US

172 Signins

13117 Page Views

• Views: 13117
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-01-13, 18:09 PM

@ Jontbn wrote:

Thanks!  Here are my responses:

Can you please provide here your device' MTM (machine type-model) number so that we can check its specifications?

Desktop OQ6HLCH is the Device Name.  See attached for additional info.

Yes.  It works fine with my iPhone.

It does not detect the hearing aids.  It detects the ConnectClip and after I click on the Connect button, it says “Music Connected” but I can’t hear any sound through my hearing aids.  Only through the speaker of the laptop.

If the accessory is still detected under the Bluetooth settings of your laptop (not the ConnectClip) app that you' using, check if you can connect it from there and test the item again.

Yes.  I’ve tried that without success.  Do you think the fact that "ConnectClip 1.1 Hands-Free AG Audio" is not connected is the problem?  I can' connect it.  I can only connect to "ConnectClip 1.1 Stereo."  Incidentally, this problem started after I tried to share sound on a Skype call.  Before that, it worked like a charm.

Thanks for the response @Jontbn !

Try to check the Input/Output settings under Sound settings on your Yoga device and see if the Oticon hearing aid or the ConnectClip is detected.

Also, try to remove/erase the ConnectClip feature under the list of devices that are detected in Bluetooth settings and reconnect it again.

Try accessing the ConnectClip app on your Yoga 730 as well and see if you can configure the settings from there as well.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

01-12-2021

US

2 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2021-01-13, 19:45 PM

Thanks, Adriel.  The Sound settings show the Output device is "Headphones ConnectClip 1.1 Stereo."Clip

I have removed the ConnectClip and added it back several times.

I don't see a ConnectClip app in the Microsoft store.  Would it be somewhere else?

Jon

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms