cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dremario
Paper Tape
Views: 1,430
Message 1 of 6

Connecting Yoga 900 to an external monitor issues.

Please help

I am trying to connect my new Yoga 900 to an external Full HD monitor Samsung syncmaster b2430hd using the following adapter which I connected to the USB type c of the Yoga and to the HDMI port of the monitor:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00X4S5C7G?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

However, the picture on the external monitor look fuzzy and the taskbar is hardly visible.

I’ve tried reducing the resolution to the native for the external monitor i.e., 1920 x 1080 but still did not help.

Are there any adjustments to the display settings that I can make to improve the picture on the monitor?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,399
Message 2 of 6

Re: Connecting Yoga 900 to an external monitor issues.

Welcome to the forums!

I have a suspicion it has to do with the video scaling setting on the SyncMaster. If you go to Picture > Advanced Settings > Picture Settings, look for Size. Change it to Screen Fit. There may also be a button on your remote to change the Video Mode / Aspect Ratio or something similar.

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
dremario
Paper Tape
Views: 1,365
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for the advice, I've chosen screen fit but it still didn't solve the problem.

My older laptop used to connect the this external monitor with no issues whatsoever via VGA cable. 

BtrWrld
Paper Tape
Views: 1,010
Message 4 of 6

Were you ever able to resolve this problem? I have a Yoga 14 (Windows 10 original install). Whenever I connect a second monitor to, the display on the second monitor is not sharp at all and has a strange contrast. I am using a HDMI to VGA converter and wonder if that is part of the issue. I have tried several adjustments to the display of the second monitor with no appreciable improvement in display. I wonder if it is the translation between on screen being touch and the other not. 

dremario
Paper Tape
Views: 1,005
Message 5 of 6

Have not been able to solve the issue. Very frustrating. Lenovo haven't been helful either.

alambton
Paper Tape
Views: 854
Message 6 of 6

I can not get my external monitor to work with my new Yoga 900. I have bought the cable suggested ( although not a Lenovo version) The yoga is registering the monitor but I can get nothing to display. Please can you give me guidance.

The monitor is an Acer P193w with a VGA input. - it worked just fine with my HP, but very frustratingly won't work at all with the Yoga.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors