Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidGables
Paper Tape
Views: 2,901
Message 1 of 6

Connecting a Yoga 2 11 to an external monitor

I just bought myself a very nice 22inch Dell E2209WF monitor. I connected it with a VGA cable to my USB3 connector and nothing. So I went down to PC World and tried the same with several monitors and nothing. So I tried a micro HDMI to several monitors and still nothing. I'm running Windows 10.

Am I missing something very basic ? I've always assumed the Yoga 2 11 could be connected to an external monitor. 

Guru
Views: 2,867
Message 2 of 6

Re: Connecting a Yoga 2 11 to an external monitor

Hi, welcome.

It shouldn't be hard to connect an external monitor to a laptop. What kind of port does it has? mini DP? HDMI?

What I had see on other cases is that some cables and adapters may produce some problems. So trying different ones that you may have arround, or connecting the laptop to a near by TV just to be sure it is not also the monitor.

My only ideas are:

1) Try Win+P key combination to be sure that you ar extending or duplicating the screen with the secondary monitor.

2) From the Yoga 2 11 support site, try update the video driver and see if something improves.

Give it a try to see if something works.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Highlighted
DavidGables
Paper Tape
Views: 2,849
Message 3 of 6

Hi Martin

Thanks for your reply. 

I have 2 ports available to connect to - VGA and HDMI.

I used the Win+P key combination and tried all 4 of the options available.

I went to the Yoga 2 11 support site page and identified one possible driver update. When I clicked on the driver for more info I was connected to a page with thw notification Error Code : cf40236fa96222e0d21f30fe43077865

Guru
Views: 2,844
Message 4 of 6

Hi

I tried to download the two files on Intel VGA Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Lenovo Yoga 2 11 and it worked for me.

But I'm not sure which is the one that applied to your machine. Give it a try to see if you can download the drivers.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton

DavidGables
Paper Tape
Views: 2,840
Message 5 of 6

Martin

I clicked on the latest of the two driver files and went through the download and instalation. When it came to the last step my PC asked if I wanted to complete the instal, as the VGA driver downloaded was an older version to the driver already installed. So my concluson is the problem is not the driver ?

Guru
Views: 2,830
Message 6 of 6

Hi

Sorry, but I'm running out of ideas.

What about the VGA port, VGA cable to VGA monitor? Does it gives any result that way ?

Checking your first post you said that "I connected it with a VGA cable to my USB3 connector and nothing. " I didn't understand how are you doing that exactly.

If you have done extensive testing with different TVs, monitors, cables and adapter, (HDMI port - HDMI Cable - HDMI TV) and (VGA port, VGA Cable and VGA monitor)  and you have nothing comming out of the video ports, I think it is time to open a formal ticket on the Lenovo Support site.

It is here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/contactus

Under "Submit a Service Request".

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals