Views: 257
Message 1 of 5

Connecting an external DVD drive to yoga 900

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 224
Message 2 of 5

Re: Connecting an external DVD drive to yoga 900

You didn't put any text in your initial post. Are you having problems? Post the make and model of the DVD player you're using along with a complete discription of the issue.

Or, if you're just looking for recommendations, reply with that. Your topic title alone isn't enough to go on.

Thanks.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
sjohnguha
What's DOS?
Views: 218
Message 3 of 5

Sorry, first time doing this.

The DVD player is a DVD/RW ( dont have brand name, but its cheap), and the Yoga is a a 900 13LSK2, model 80MK000YUS, running Windows 10 - 64 bit. 

When I plug the DVD player into the computer the with its USB port, nothing happens, yet the manual for the player says it is plug and play.

May I am wishing for too much, but I wanted to install my Dragon Professional DVD on to the Yoga through the DVD player.

Any words of wisdom appreciated.

John

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 215
Message 4 of 5

Well, first of all, read the DVD player's manual. It would REALLY help to know make-and-model. Some device makers require downloading drivers specific to their devices. A lot of cheap devices don't work as advertised at all. 

Check the USB cable to make sure it works with something else. I just saw a post earlier from a user who was trying to work with a charge-only USB cord. I'm going to assume you've tried the USB port with other things and that it functions just fine.

Does the player do anything when connected? Light up? Spin?  With a known-good disc in it (such as an audio CD) does it show up as a drive in File Explorer? (Windows Key + E)

With the DVD player plugged into the 900's USB port, bring up Device Manager (Windows Key + X, select Device Manager) and look for the DVD player. If it's not there, it may not be as plug-and-play as the manufacturer claims. Go to the top of Device Manager with the player still connected and select "scan for hardware changes." Also look through the devices for any entry with an exclamation point next to it or any "unknown devices." 

Still nothing? You might need to check with the manufacturer.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
sjohnguha
What's DOS?
Views: 211
Message 5 of 5

I have tried everything. I'll contact the manufacturer. Thanks,

John

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors