Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theai
Paper Tape
Views: 153
Message 1 of 3

Conservation mode no longer available

Hello,

Most of the time, I keep my laptop AC plugged in, but I am afraid that that could harm my battery's lifespam.

I tried using the conservation mode as advised in some posts, but I can't activate it on my Lenovo Vantage app since it says that the feature is no longer necessary. However, my laptop battery is always on 100%.

How can I activate the conservation feature, or if it's really no longer necessary, is it really good for me to keep the battery on 100% most of the time ?

PS: I have a (new) Lenovo Toga 530-14ARR.

Thank you in advance

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 136
Message 2 of 3

Re: Conservation mode no longer available

Have you run through this thread? https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Pre-Installed-Lenovo-Software/Lenovo-Vantage-Battery-Conservation-mode-...

I recall losing it on my 910. It was either fixing Vantage or updating the BIOS that fixed it. Sorry I can't recall exactly which. I blame margaritas.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
theai
Paper Tape
Views: 107
Message 3 of 3

Re: Conservation mode no longer available

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I checked the thread but apparently "someotherguy", a Lenovo staff, said that some models just don't support this feature. I don't know if my Lenovo yoga 530 supports it.

I don't know how to get someone to tell if my device is supported.

Anyway, here's my laptop info:

YOGA 530-14ARR

BIOS: 8MCN45WW

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors