Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KML15
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 389
Message 1 of 3

Continued issues with Yoga 2 Pro auto screen rotation after Windows 10 Upgrade

Following the Windows 10 upgrade and subsequent updates,  my Yoga 2 Pro no longer switches between modes. I can fold the laptop back into tent or tablet mode, but I then have to manually rotate the screen by using the CTRL-ALT-Arrow Keys. The keyboard functionality does not change automatically either. 

I have tried several solutions suggested across multiple forums - and to no avail. At this point I have done the following: 

1. Updated all related drivers and BIOS. 

2. Confirmed that all sensor services are running and are set to automatic. 

3. Uninstalled Transitions and stopped, started, restarted, and ultimately disabled YMC. 

4. Run some sort of registry script that was supposedly helping others. 

5. And, it should go without saying (but I'll say it anyway), I have confirmed that the auto-rotate lock is NOT turned on; either in the side Action Center menu on the right or through display settings. I do have access to this "button" though. I know for others it was greyed out and not functioning. 

The notebook does nothing when I rotate it around. Frustrating, to say the least, as this is the entire point of the Yoga 2 Pro - to seamlessly switch modes. 

I can see from other posts that this is a universal problems with 2-in-1 devices and other tablets following the switch to Win10, and posts go back almost a year. Has there been ANY resolution? I would love to get my functioning machine back! 

Thanks! 

chapapak
Token Ring
Views: 384
Message 2 of 3

Re: Continued issues with Yoga 2 Pro auto screen rotation after Windows 10 Upgrade

I had the same on my yoga 500 15-ISK.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-500-15ISK-doesn-t-auto-rotate/td-p/33...

Put the laptop in sleep mode. Wait half a minute. Wake it up. Does it autorotate? Note than in windows 10 the screen autorotates in yoga mode and not in laptop mode

KML15
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 381
Message 3 of 3

Re: Continued issues with Yoga 2 Pro auto screen rotation after Windows 10 Upgrade

@chapapak wrote:

I had the same on my yoga 500 15-ISK.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-500-15ISK-doesn-t-auto-rotate/td-p/33...

Put the laptop in sleep mode. Wait half a minute. Wake it up. Is it not autorotating? Note than in windows 10 the screen autorotates in yoga mode and not in laptop mode

Unfortunately, that didn't work...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors