Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bschneider
What's DOS?
Views: 491
Message 1 of 3

Create Recovery Media/Do Factory Resect without Recovery Partition

Hello,

I don't have the recovery partition on my system anymore, but would like to reset my Ideapad Yoga 13 to factory status. Is this possible somehow? All the guides I've seen assumed that my recovery partition was still intact. Thank you for your time.

Regards

Guru
Views: 461
Message 2 of 3

Re: Create Recovery Media/Do Factory Resect without Recovery Partition

To reset your PC

Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, then tap Change PC settings.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the top-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, then click Change PC settings.)

Tap or click Update and recovery, then tap or click Recovery.

Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.

Follow the instructions on the screen.

Note

You'll be asked to choose whether you want to erase data quickly or thoroughly. If you choose to erase data quickly, some data might be recoverable using special software. If you choose to erase data thoroughly, this will take longer but it makes recovering data less likely.

Refreshing your PC without affecting your files

If your PC isn't performing as well as it once did, and you don't know why, you can refresh your PC without deleting any of your personal files or changing your settings.

Note

• If you upgraded your PC from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 and your PC has a Windows 8 recovery partition, refreshing your PC will restore Windows 8. You’ll need to upgrade to Windows 8.1 after the refresh has finished.

Warning

• Applications you’ve installed from websites and DVDs will be removed. Applications that came with your PC and apps you've installed from the Windows Store will be reinstalled. Windows puts a list of removed applications on your desktop after refreshing your PC.

To refresh your PC

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, then tap Change PC settings.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the top-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, then click Change PC settings.)

2. Tap or click Update and recovery, then tap or click Recovery.

3. Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, tap or click Get started.

4. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Thx dave

yoga 2, lenovo b540
3 custom gaming pc systems
bschneider
What's DOS?
Views: 446
Message 3 of 3

Re: Create Recovery Media/Do Factory Resect without Recovery Partition

FIrst of all, thanks a lot for your extensive reply!

Following your instructions on how to "remove everything and reinstall Windows", everything works fine, but it's not exactly a factory reset, since the Lenovo software isn't part of the reset anymore (as I said, the recovery partition doesn't exist anymore). So I suppose all I can do is to re-install the Lenovo software manually over a regular version of Windows 8? Thank you once more for your help!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors