Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmac3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 12,153
Message 1 of 5

DDP UMDF driver failed

Got a message the Lenovo Solution center that the DDP UMDF driver was disabled due to critical error (31).  Tried updating driver and it says it's the most recent driver.  Driver was installed 2-Nov-14 and I got the computer 6-Jan-15, so it was obviously a problem in the building of the system.  It is apparently impossible to actually CONTACT Lenovo personally and of course you are not supplied with the software to reinstall OS. 

Anyone encountered this problem and what do I do about it?  What is it going to do to my computer?  I already have problems with Harmony (doesn't work, hangs up, won't uninstall) and occasionally the computer goes into sleep mode for no reason (being used and is plugged in - just goes black and I have to push power button to wake it up).  Don't know if those are related to this.

This computer is brand new.  This is incredibly frustrating.  And I can't even find out how or where to find a support location if I need one.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 12,074
Message 2 of 5

Re: DDP UMDF driver failed

DDP UMDF is an audio driver.Most likely isn't properly installed.

Go to Desktop->File Explorer->on the D drive you should have a '''Drivers'' folder->Go to ''Audio''->open ''Setup.exe'' and follow the instructions.First it will uninstall the drivers->Reboot....after reboot it will reinstall the drivers(wait a little)->Reboot.

Now check Device manager.Smiley Happy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as ''ACCEPT AS SOLUTION"
Unsolicited PM's will not be answered! ....Please post your question/s in the appropriate forum board.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
cridom
What's DOS?
Views: 11,737
Message 3 of 5

I got "install Realtek HD audio driver failure error code 0001, please help I've tried everything!
Former Administrator
Views: 10,298
Message 4 of 5

Hi - I'm showing the same ! in Device Manager for my DDP UMDF Driver. I did the instructions in the accepted Solution; here's what happened:

1. Went to D: and from the Drivers > Audio folder, clicked Setup.exe

2. It did not uninstall any drivers, rather, it just went through an insteall process.

3. Upon finishing, it rebooted.

Still same failure shown in Device Manager. Attempting to update the driver right from the device in DM just says that my drivers are up to date.

If I unintall DDP UMDF from Device Manager, will running Setup.exe from the D: drive install it back again but hopefully this time not corrupted?

I have no Audio Device showing in DM at all, no speaker sound and no microphone on my Yoga 3 Pro for almost 2 months now and it's getting to the point where I'm going to be forced to blow my system away and start over. Very painful process I don't want to do because this is my work computer. Can anyone help?

Product Owner, Community & Social Media
Lenovo, Worldwide eService
lyngal
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,069
Message 5 of 5

I got a Windows message to troubleshoot drivers, ran troubleshoot and got a message that said DDP UMDF Driver has a problem.  I clicked on it and then got a message that said no problem is detected.  What's up with that?  The Windows icon still showed that there is a problem, even though the troubleshoot said there wasn't.  I have Windows 10.  Step by step, plain language--I went to Control Panel, Device Manager, System Devices, scrolled down to DDP UMD F Driver and it was marked a problem.  I then clicked on DDP UMD F Driver, clicked Driver tab in the box, clicked uninstall, then reinstall, and it is now fine.  Windows "troubleshoot" isn't very accurate!

A day later I got the error message again about the DDP UMDF Driver having a problem.  Now I don't know what to do.  This is ridiculous...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors