Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

03-26-2015

USA

6 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 1

Dead display screen Yoga 2 pro - back light dead?

2015-03-26, 22:22 PM
I have a yoga 2 pro purchased in the last quarter of 2014, with windows 8.1. I have been using it with no hint of issues until two nights ago.
I was watching a video online and the display turned off much like it would if it were about to go to sleep, but I could hear the audio from the show that i was watching stI'll playing. I tried the normal things to get it to work - press buttons, turn the power on and off, tried tablet mode, basically anything i could think of. I also connected the computer to an external display and it shows up on the external monitor fine, but nothing on the laptop monitor itself. The touch on the laptop monitor still works and sometimes if i hold my phones flashlight to the screen i can make out an image..so this leads me to believe that it is a hardware problem with monitor itself. I have contacted lenovo and they have told me that the screen needs to be serviced.

But before I send it back I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem occur and what did lenovo do to correct it. Thanks in advance.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms