Options

11 Posts

12-16-2014

New York

20 Signins

86 Page Views

• Views: 86
  • Message 21 of 23

Re: Dear Yoga 2 Pro owners - should I buy this for business use?

2014-12-31, 18:33 PM

Hey there,

So much hate in this thread, some of it justified, some of it is blown out of proportions.

My 2c:

I work in IT, i bought this laptop 3 weeks ago for work, i use it around 10-12 hours a day in different locations, with different network setups, lots of web work, lots of outlook.. etc etc.

Resolution:

The 3200x1800 is a joke, you can not, and will not, work with it properly, lower it, and you're good.

Wi-fi:

Yes! there are some issues with it, BUT, easy solution (yes, i know this doesnt need to happen.. i got pissed off too... moving on), replace the wifi card to a dualband one, $40 from amazon, easy to replace, and it works great.

I have yet to have a single issue with the new card, air ports wifi work fine, coffee shops, open wifi, client sites.. etc.

Trackpad:

Its the same as 90% of the laptops out there.

Keyboard back light:

I spend quite a bit of them in areas with hardly any light, the back light on the keyboard is just perfect, not too bright, not too dim - i love it.

The tablet feature:

To be honest, i thought i'd have very little use for it, if it all - i was wrong, its awesome, and incredibly useful.

Battery life:

Is flat out awesome, i get around 7 hours on battery and i have my brightness almost always on max.

Heating issues:

None yet. but, granted, i am almost always is pretty cool environments, so no real comment.

At the end of the day:

Am i super happy with it ? No.

Do i regret buying it ? No.

Would i buy it again knowing everything i know now after owning it: Yes.

Its light, thin, battery last long time, easy to type on, touch screen is a great plus.

Now, as for the carbon X1 - its an amazing laptop, if i didn't get the Y2P for $450 less then the Carbon, i would have gotten the Carbon.

Also, I do have multiple clients which work and use both the Y2P and the Carbon X1 on daily basis, both love them.

One specific client works on the previous Carbon X1, a lawyer actually, so your work is probably the same in term of use, he loves it, his only regret is he didnt buy it sooner.

TL;DR

If you can shell a little extra cash - get the Carbon X1.

If you can't the Y2P is a great option.

Good luck in your search.

Options

9 Posts

12-31-2014

18 Signins

163 Page Views

• Message 22 of 23

2014-12-31, 20:50 PM
How do you get 7 hours of battery life. I can hardly get 6! What settings
do you run on? Please help with the battery life because that is really the
only thing that ruins this laptop for me.

Options

11 Posts

12-16-2014

New York

20 Signins

86 Page Views

• Views: 86
  • Message 23 of 23

2015-01-04, 20:34 PM

Not using the max resolution to begin with.

Not having things i don't need open - open.

That being said, my work is 95% browser / office based, i haven't tested how long the battery lasts when watching movies... etc

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete