09-17-2020

US

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 4

Default Boot Device Missing

2020-09-17, 1:46 AM

Hi everyone, I am desperate for help because my warranty ended last month (of course) and I am a college student who needs access to a computer. My Lenovo Yoga 920-131KB laptop crashed when I recently restarted it. It says the boot failed and that I need to insert recovery media and hit any key and then choose a new Boot device. This is a black screen with a blue box. From what I can tell, the operating system doesn't recognize the hard drive that is in my laptop. Turning it on and off does nothing and there is nothing I can do. If I hit enter, there are no options to boot from. What's even worse is that I had this problem 6 months ago but Lenovo fixed it for me remotely, or so I thought. Please send me any advice that you can!

Options

11767 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7062 Signins

741179 Page Views

• Views: 741179
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Default Boot Device Missing

2020-09-17, 2:05 AM

Hi GShusker,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I suggest you try checking in the BIOS if the drive is still detected.

If not then perhaps try to reseat it or get another known good drive to re install Windows.

Others try to change boot mode to AHCI from RAID.

You can also check the integrity of the drive placing it on another machine or running bootable diagnostics.

If the case is just the software like a corrupted Windows then repair can be attempted else re install Windows specially if the BIOS still see the drive.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

9 Posts

09-05-2020

MX

7 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-09-17, 4:55 AM

Hello

Go to the BIOS config using Vantage button there find the boot options

There you can check the boot devices and if your hard drive is detectable if so change the order and be sure that you don't have a USB device connected.

If not working you can try reinstalling the w10 from the first window that appears when you push the Vantage button (you will need a thin tool to push it)

hope t hi is help

Options

1 Posts

09-17-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-09-17, 17:10 PM

How did you get in touch with Lenovo Customer Service for them to help you remotely? 

I've been trying for two days now and every time I call their customer support line I want to break my phone in two. 

I'm having the same issue. As far as other replies go, I'm not sure how to access any other menu since your only taken to one screen and given one option.. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete